• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Craftsmanship?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
New 195s owner and loving it! But having some QC issues with the sea mat flooring. Anyone else have this problem and if so does the warranty cover this? For example the snaps aren't matching causing waves or the snaps are so hard to snap in place you just leave it be flapping and loose and deal with it. $40g expected some serious quality

Here's a couple pictures

Attachments

• 20200702_164528.jpg
    20200702_164528.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • 20200702_164514.jpg
    20200702_164514.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
On the picture you have pulling back on the corner, looks like the original snap pulled out of the fiberglass and stuck in the top section of the snap. Should be able to use a blade screwdriver and pry it out.
They installed a new one into the fiberglass, so should be able to then snap it.

Only option I see with the first one is to move the male setion of the snap in the fibergalla sns relaocat so it will line up. USe marine

New 195s owner and loving it! But having some QC issues with the sea mat flooring. Anyone else have this problem and if so does the warranty cover this? For example the snaps aren't matching causing waves or the snaps are so hard to snap in place you just leave it be flapping and loose and deal with it. $40g expected some serious quality
@Dayton _Burner .....agree. Not at all what I would expect for the 195 line "flagship" boat (Yamaha's wording in their sales brochures)!!!!! I bought a 2020 SX195 and I see too many areas where quality does not seem to be "job 1". The 2018 Yamaha SVHO FX Cruiser Waverunner was another story. My friend bought a matching one too. We could not find a flaw anywhere - even in hidden places. Yesterday on my SX195, while vacuuming up production debris in the cavity under the swim platforms, I noticed several areas where the glass mat/roving was not "resined" down with loose mat/roving sticking out and there were sharp edges everywhere. Structurally bad - probably not. Bush-league quality control - definitely!*****What has your dealer said he will do about your deck mat "install"? On one new boat I bought there was a miss-placed snap that wrinkled the carpet. Went back to the dealer. He installed a new snap and just put 3M in the hole of the one that was removed. I brought the boat in during haul-out and said "Before I get this back remove that friggin' caulking and resin/gelcoat that hole." He did.....maybe something in my voice? LOL

Here's a couple pictures

Since that first piece is rectangular, have you tried flipping it around? It is possible that they drilled the holes where the snaps were, and the snaps may not be placed evenly on the mat. It's still not right, but it may lay down flat.

Good luck,

Yeah Initial Quality in the small stuff stinks... check all flanges, nuts and bolts on your seats and expect a few items to become loose.. I now have mine where it should have been and loving the boat more everyday but yeah the first couple outings and issues were really ruining the impression that I bought a quality item.

Yeah Initial Quality in the small stuff stinks... check all flanges, nuts and bolts on your seats and expect a few items to become loose.. I now have mine where it should have been and loving the boat more everyday but yeah the first couple outings and issues were really ruining the impression that I bought a quality item.
@Maccam26 .....100% I usually carry a small tool kit on my watercraft but haven't had to use one so soon ever before. Like you said loose screws, clamps and nuts. Misaligned windshield. Love the boat (2020SX195) but a real shock after buying a 2018 Yamaha Waverunner FX SVHO Cruiser that was absolutely flawless outside and inside. They obviously do not pay as much attention to their jet boats - or maybe just not my jet boat LOL. Don't mind working on the boat, but just a bit disappointed as the boat wasn't inexpensive. Also what did I pay all that PDI to the dealer for?

Thanks... I'll try some of the suggestions mentioned. We still love the boat though. Everything else seems to be pretty good. They did forget to put a screw in the port access door frame. Not a huge deal but still lame.This thing was probably half built pre shut down, hopefully they didn't forget other shit. It'll be ready for the 10hr after this weekend and we plan on the dealer doing that one.

Compared to a Whaler or a Cobalt, these boats are cut rate.

At the Yamaha factory holes are drilled and bolts are screwed in by a robot to cut costs. Obviously they need to employ a vacuuming robot, and like a car, the dealer should do some final prep.

Last edited:
But...if the robots vacuumed up all the things they dropped during production, people would think robots suck. ?

Back