• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CRIME PAYS Mod 2.0: 3M 5% Limo Tint

Commander50

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
CRIME PAYS got Mod 2.0 this morning with the application of limo tint. I’m working toward an overall blue and blacked out theme. I need to find a good powder coater in San Diego to black out all of this ugly chrome.

Attachments

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nice look. I also did 5% and don't regret it 1bit. Love dark tint.

Commander50

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
any issues boating at night? like the look alot!
I have not operated the boat at night yet, however, my intention is to sit on the booster seat and look over the windshield. I have the same tint on my Jeep and vision is definitely diminished at night.

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thinking that would be nice during the day and im on the taller side so it probably wouldn't be a problem while sitting on the bolster

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I went 20%, but the 5%...

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thinking that would be nice during the day and im on the taller side so it probably wouldn't be a problem while sitting on the bolster
Just keep in mind that if you run with your windshield center panel open visibility in front of the passenger's side will go from 5% to... like 2.5%, lol. So, make sure she or he are okay with that.

--

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yes with the windshield open it is nearly impossible to seethough. Personally I don't really keep it open.

Commander50

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I operated the boat for the second time yesterday and first time with the limo tint on the windshield. I found that regardless of the tint or not, I prefer to operate the boat with my line of sight being above the windshield. Unfortunately, I’m 5’8” so I just raised the bolster seat and placed folded towels behind the bolster seat. This way I raise my line of sight above the windshield and I still get to use the seat back.

Attachments

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I operated the boat for the second time yesterday and first time with the limo tint on the windshield. I found that regardless of the tint or not, I prefer to operate the boat with my line of sight being above the windshield. Unfortunately, I’m 5’8” so I just raised the bolster seat and placed folded towels behind the bolster seat. This way I raise my line of sight above the windshield and I still get to use the seat back.
Or - try this:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/springfield-pedestal-adjustment.19713/

--

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wife has 5% on her pathfinder. She Bought it that way, got pulled over a while back.

Yeah I got right on removing it. <winks> Refuse to pay to have it removed though.

looks good on boats.

Commander50

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the suggestion and the link. I just ordered one.
I really like this pedestal, albeit it is not perfect. It needs a bit of convincing to adjust up or down, it does not lineup straight forward when “locked” because of the pattern of holes in the deck (I used the existing ones, did not redrill anything). I found that it doesn’t bother me at all, but I can imagine it could someone else.

For the price though, given adjustability and cushioning it provides, it is fantastic!