• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Crime Pays Mod 3.0

Commander50

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Crime Pays received Mod 3.0 today with the Airhead Wake Tower Watersports Flag Holder and Airhead Deluxe Watersports Flag.

Attachments

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Maybe “Mod 3.1” should be anodizing the holder black to go with your blue/black motif.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What’s the story behind the name crime pays?

Were not gonna see you in the news arrested for embezzling money? JK..

Commander50

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What’s the story behind the name crime pays?

Were not gonna see you in the news arrested for embezzling money? JK..
15 years former federal law enforcement, 10 former District Attorney, 6 years a criminal defense attorney...thus crime has been paying me for 31 years.

Commander50

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Commander50

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Maybe “Mod 3.1” should be anodizing the holder black to go with your blue/black motif.
I'm definitely going to either powder coat or paint the mount black. I'm debating whether to also powder coat the wakeboard racks or buy the really nice Roswell racks that are already black.

Commander50

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I powdercoated it.
I was afraid you were going to tell me that. I will include the flag holder in my list of parts to powder coat. I really, really like the Roswell 1516C1AE-413C-4F6B-A246-C218F309EC99.jpegwake board racks and Roswell will custom paint them when you order.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Be careful with those flag holders. They are great when at anchor and people are playing around the boat. However, I've actually had the Sheriff stop and do a safety check as I forgot and left it out when towing a boarder, as "technically, the flag should only be up when there is a person in the water."

Commander50

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Be careful with those flag holders. They are great when at anchor and people are playing around the boat. However, I've actually had the Sheriff stop and do a safety check as I forgot and left it out when towing a boarder, as "technically, the flag should only be up when there is a person in the water."
As a former law enforcement officer, I am all to aware of the law enforcement use of pretext stops. The San Diego Lifeguards and San Diego Harbor Patrol stop boats for the same reason frequently. I always remove the flag when not engaged in water sports.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got stopped because I left the flag out after we had picked everyone up and was cruising back, once. But, in IL and MO I’m pretty sure it’s required to post the orange flag anytime in water and/or towing. Is that not right?

You’re saying you were pulled over for having the flag displayed and a boarder in the water? That doesn’t sound right.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I forgot to pull it in after we stopped and people were swimming about. I then started pulling a boarder and once that boarder went down, the sheriff came over and stopped me to remind me.

I used to manage college dorms in my previous career and worked closely with law enforcement so I was my usual polite self and we were on our way a few moments later (after he asked where my Type IV PFD was).