• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cup holder SX240

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys I want to replace the rear coup holder on my Aft/swim platform deck...........Do these cup holders have any type backing plate or lock system.......OR are they just held in with silicone. I don't want to pry on my Gel coat if they are locked in with a backing plate.........I can't see or access through the access cover between the clean out ports. I would have to remove the whole cover assembly to gain access to this area to reach or even see the mounting method.

Thanks in advance

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
On my 2020, they're locked in by turning the metal ring clockwise. Kind of goofy, IMHO as I've almost lost them a few times if people twist out a tight fitting beverage... I actually added a dab of silicone just to secure them.