• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Custom Bimini Top Question

Robb235

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I bought my XR1800, it didn't come with a bimini top. I want to order a custom one to get some relief from the sun, but my aftermarket wake tower complicates things. Going from memory I think I measured ~74" between the stock bimini attachment points, but I only have 60" between the the wakeboard tower at the height where the bimini top would be when it's up. Do I order a 60" wide bimini and hope that the poles will flex out to ~74"? My previous jet boat (Yamaha Exciter 220) didn't have a bimini either, so I'm a bit clueless about these things.

1C4DA632-BA9E-43DD-B98B-10B94A747B3C.jpeg

Last edited:

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I custom made my own bimini for the bow area of my 212x when my wife was pregnant and wanted more shade.
It was a lot easier than I expected to modify the King Bird bimini I bought than I thought it would be. Took me longer to remove the plastic hardware it came with and replace it with stainless steel parts (I should have just left the plastic) than it did to cut, modify and mount it. The poles flex several inches easily. If you want more flex you can use an attachment like these:
White Water Taco Marine Bimini Ball & Socket Top Fittings https://a.co/d/5kbgPJQ
Hope that is helpful.

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
You can also drill and tap the tower and mount two legs on the tower like I did to maintain the width.
47C31964-AED7-4C26-8559-3C7D28B5B966.png

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
The flexibility in the bows allow each leg to adjust a few inches in each direction. It just makes it difficult to put up by yourself if you have the “blade and slot” connections as opposed to the ball and socket style.

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I didn’t have to cut the horizontal sections of the bows but you can drill out the rivets an make it more narrow if needed. I cut three of the bow legs on each side and the fourth I was lucky enough that I was able to adjust it but I did replace the black nylon points it came with. If you’d like to know more shoot me a DM. Good luck

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
That’s a great add on. Are all those poles a PIA to deal with?

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
That’s a great add on. Are all those poles a PIA to deal with?
Not really. But I did lose a pin (didn’t realize lock bearing didn’t fully engage)while towing it on the freeway with both up but stowed and got a nasty little gouge in the gel coat that is to close to the tower to fix easily.
Can be a little frustrating when setting up by yourself because I made it so that it would be close to the height of the factory bimini. Totally worth the extra shade though.7E6A0463-30C7-4118-A1C8-ECB66920C4AB.jpeg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi I'm a Yamaha dealer in Wisconsin that has a new never used complete bimini top for an XR1800 in our warehouse. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks, Mike

tater85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi I'm a Yamaha dealer in Wisconsin that has a new never used complete bimini top for an XR1800 in our warehouse. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks, Mike
I would be interested in the new top if you still have it.