• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Damaged hose on 2019 AR240

Mark Goulas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After a short day on the water, I was cleaning the engine with fresh water when I saw a small amount of smoke coming for the engine bay. After turning everything off, I find this damaged hose going to the engine. Can someone tell me what this hose is for and how easy is it to replace. I had no issues with the boat during the trip but the bilge pump did come on a few times during the trip, staying on for a few minutes then going off. Any possibility of any severe damage due to this damaged hose?

Thanks,
Markdamagedhose.jpg

Cooling water exit for the oil cooler. Question is why?

I have no idea why. My second time on the water this year with no issues with the actual trips. I did have the normal oil change and also a hydrophase aftermarket put on during the off season. Work done by a person who specializes in jet ski/jet boat repair but not done at the dealership.

Now that I know what this is, I did find water with salt away in the storage compartment under the seat. Maybe a clogged exit valve?

Remove it from the oil cooler......this is the pisser hose that exits on the side of the hull. I would blow through hose to see if its open and not clogged.
Unusual for it to fail on a boat so young, a clog could allow build up of pressure and split the line or it just could have been a defect in hose from factory. Last whom ever changed your oil could have damaged it causing a weakness.

Remove it from the oil cooler......this is the pisser hose that exits on the side of the hull. I would blow through hose to see if its open and not clogged.
Unusual for it to fail on a boat so young, a clog could allow build up of pressure and split the line or it just could have been a defect in hose from factory. Last whom ever changed your oil could have damaged it causing a weakness.
Mine failed this weekend on a year old boat with around 25 hours. Looked identical to the pic above.

I noticed my port engine had a floppy line when I bought it and I used zipties to secure it and a few other sloppy hoses and wire looms. It could be as simple as it flopping around as you're boating and weakened at the connection point. Water is heavy and will make the hoses heavier when filled.

I noticed my port engine had a floppy line when I bought it and I used zipties to secure it and a few other sloppy hoses and wire looms. It could be as simple as it flopping around as you're boating and weakened at the connection point. Water is heavy and will make the hoses heavier when filled.
That was my assumption. There are some bolts near the hose that appear closer than in the picture. I assume the hose was contacting metal and got weakened since it had a lot of slack. I pulled it back a bit and tighten the zip ties after I fixed mine. Glad I had my leatherman with me or I would have been up the creek.

Back