• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Daytona Boating waters....

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am pondering taking my boat to Daytona for the winter. But not too happy about trailering 900 miles, which will mean a trailer overhaul and soon. This just scares me. Plus, not sure how my baby would survive a hurricane. In any event, can anyone share some bodies of water in the area to rip up and down on in my SX230?

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Daytona, as in Daytona Beach, FL.

There is the Halifax River, aka the IC Waterway. Plenty of restaurants and marinas. I wouldn’t put in further north than Halifax Marina if you plan on cruising south (no wake zones due to bridges). I’ve never been further North than the Marina on the water, but the I/C does continue North towards St. Augustine

Just South of Daytona is Ponce Inlet, and then New Symrna Beach (NSB), has quite a lengthy No Wake from the Inlet until you make it past the South Causeway. The I/C here continues south to Mosquito Lagoon (known for Redfish), and over to the Cape Canaveral area (I haven’t explored this area yet).

About 35 mins from Daytona if you head W on I-4, there is Sanford Florida’s & Lake Monroe/St. Jonn’s River. You can cruise N on the River and find Blue Springs and then Hontoon Island (nice state park for walking and picnics), but you will encounter some No Wake zones due to Manatee protection areas. (There are also an abundance of gators on the river and the surrounding lakes).

Alternatively, you could put in further North (Deland) at Ed Stone Park, and have a shorter trip South to Hontoon, or take the river North up to Lake George and the Silver Glen Springs area.

Also in Orlando there is the Conway Chain of Lakes, and then the Butler Chain of Lakes (the later is where Shaq’s current 30,000 sq ft home is).

Save travels!

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Def bring some redfish gear if you fish. The odds of a hurricane coming in there are low. and if so just a few miles inland you will be fine. assuming its not massive and if so head for midstate. Intercostal is pretty much it unless you find some lakes like he said

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hurricanes don't happen in winter, so that shouldn't be a concern.