• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deluxe Premium Mooring Cover Waterproofing

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Decided to order the black deluxe premium cover today, the shipping cover isn't holding up. I think that even though I just bought my boat new, it's been sitting on the lot since last summer under that cover and then travelled 700 miles to my house. Anyways, it will be here this week. Should I seal it with anything? Recommendation on a product? At $700, I'd like to do what I can to make this thing last.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It should be waterproof from the factory, but I have added going over the cover with 303 Fabric Guard to my yearly maintenance routine. My cover started leaking last fall leading to mold and mildew in the boat. It's not cheap, but cheaper than a new cover or new vinyl. My cover took about 1/2 - 3/4 of the jug. Just used a garden weed sprayer to apply.

http://www.amazon.com/303-30674-Fabric-Guard-128/dp/B0000AY1W7?ie=UTF8&colid=3I18A9ODJIQBX&coliid=I38M9937CLP49H&psc=1&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Should I do this day 1 or just every year after?

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm sure others will chime in... I just bought a new cover and since it was so easy and worked so well, I'll do it day one with my new cover then again in the fall before I park it for the off season.

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I need to get one as well. Where did you buy it?

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yamaha plaza sports is about as cheap as I've seen on just about everything for this damn boat.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We tried the waterproofing as well, wasn't perfect. Ended up ordering a 8x25 tarp that goes over the cover and looks clean. Obv don't tow with the tarp on, but think in the long run having the tarp take the beating from the sun and elements will extend the life. This keeps it bone dry.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I also use the 303 Fabric Guard. Once at the beginning of the season and again at the end.
I make sure my driveway is clean and then lay it down in the driveway and spray away. Once dried, put it back on the boat.
Shortly after doing it the 1st time, It was raining - water was beading up and rolling right off that section of driveway as well

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Honestly, the fabric is already treated. And the maker says you don't have to use a thing on it. It is sealed on one side and they caution against putting anything on it. But with that, if I was going to use anything on it, it would be 303.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Are you storing outdoors? (Sounds like you might be) I have the deluxe cover but store inside about 95 percent of the year. I've been very happy with the water repelling capabilities of the cover when I do have it outside for a few days. I have no intention of treating it anytime soon. If you're keeping it outdoors all the time I could see wanting to start treating it maybe after the first season.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ordered the 303, both the cover and that will be here tomorrow so I plan to do it this weekend and get it put on. My boat is stored outside during the summer, but will be inside during the off season. Since the factory cover has a few pin holes and ripped by the stern seam, is there any reason to keep it, like putting on top of the other one during the winter? Since it will be inside, i dont think so. Not even sure if it would fit over the new one.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The good news about 303 aerospace protectant...it is probably the best vinyl protection you can use too. I have used it and the Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce. While I swear by their Hot Sauce, I think the 303 is a better vinyl protectant and lasts longer with better UV protection. I just got a gallon to treat the roof of the motorhome on a 6 week regiment.