• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DFW Boat Storage

addfw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, after a decade and a half of dragging my wife to boat show after boat show, I am about to take a seat at the captains chair! I am getting an AR 210. Can anyone recommend reasonable covered parking around the DFW area?

Thanks

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board,

That's a pretty big area with a lot of storage facilities.

Where do you live?
What lake will you primarily use?
what year is your boat?

Be sure to check out our FAQ tab for lots of great tips and if this is your first boat make your first day on the water is without wind or a crowd.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
cant you use your garage ?

addfw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am in the Carrollton area, off Plano Pkwy. I am pretty new to the area, so I havent got a lake nailed down yet. But, its a new 2019 AR210. Garage is a typical suburb house built by a mega builder. Short and small door.

I am okay with simply covered parking, but everywhere I look there is a waiting list.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your garage has to be at least 20 feet right ? If so you can put it diagonally or you can raise the front by a couple of feet you should be able fit it in.
In regard to entrance I am currently fighting with my HOA and the city of Frisco to change my 2 garage doors to a single one. If I am successful I will post on the forum, but the fighting might no one for a while

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In regard to lakes, we like ray Roberts ( 45 minutes from you ).

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
King Brothers in Lake Dallas
Anchor Storage in Lake Dallas
Or just suck it up and get a covered slip at Lake View Marina. A 30' slip will cost you about $290/month. I think they have 21' slips for around $220
Edit** these are based on Lake Lewisville boating

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The ramp is real nice too, especially for someone with my skill level

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had an 18x26 all metal garage with 10 foot door installed at the end of our driveway. Makes a perfect storage area for our 195S. At current covered storage rates in this area the garage should pay for itself in about 16 months.