• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Did you know that most If not all Yamahas come with a heated seat ?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
While at anchor yesterday my wife and friends were sitting on the swim deck and my wife asked me to turn off the heater to which I asked, “ what are you taking about?” She was talking about the bilge fans/blowers. After one of Our friends got out of the water and felt cold, My wife had her sit on the high step of the swim deck And asked me to turn on the fans. All that came out of the vent behind and under that seat Back was hot air from the engine compartment. Our friend loved it, I took a seat there to verify it works as a heated seat. Now I’m thinking of moving one of the fans, Which are both routed to the Starboard side, to the other (port) Side so that I can have two heated seats but don’t know if the reduction in flow from two fans to one will kill the functionality or not. I’d rather have one seat functioning optimally than two duds.
F8861BA3-34F7-4862-96E1-87B94963AB28.jpeg47A19BF2-58DB-4359-874A-4CF22974A384.jpeg7F9EC54C-6AE6-4607-9E9A-C0BC5DC0F7BA.jpeg5B9763C8-673F-4FC6-AB28-9E4027E28213.jpeg
55C7492F-BEC2-4909-A2E7-92FC86C9D59F.jpeg

Last edited:

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had never thought of that!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think the point is to draw air from one hole and out the other. If you cover both holes with plumbing it may affect flow...And it relies on the holes for normal air consumption during operation. Maybe something you can move out of the way when not in use, or open another hole for ventilation.

Best of luck!

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have thought about adding an exhaust fan/hose to pump the hot air up to the front seats. Haven't gotten around to it though.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In one of my pics two intake holes /ports in the port corner opposite where the fans/hoses exhaust (starboard cornner). I think I can just move one fan/hose to the port corner and have two vent heated seats , each with an intake and exhaust.