• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Differences between years of Yamaha jet boats

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Hello,

well I sold my inboard as we we’re pretty packed for things this summer and didn’t want it to sit another year.
so I’m looking at jer boats and by far, at least in number, Yamaha is the most popular but I see some nice other brands too.
First off, is Yamaha the one to pinpoint or should I look elsewhere?
Second, with inboards, if I’m honest, some of the new boats are ugly as sin, cost a ton of money for what I feel like is more electronics but not much more in comfort or performance. Is this true of the jet boats as well? I’ve seen, online, lots of 2014 and on which upon first glance look similar.
Is there any years I need to steer clear of or a year when things changes to be more congruent with what we have available in newer boats?

thanks a lot

I have a 2015 which is the last year on non electronic and the old style tower. I do prefer the looks of the 16 and newer. Electronics don’t impress me much and I much prefer the $20k I kept in my pocket not buying newer.

I have a 2017. Electronics are cool and convenient but I worry about long term reliability. I’ve already had problems with one tach and the Connext screen. Covered under warranty but the next one won’t be.

I also really like the Chaparral Vortex jetboats. I seriously considered the 223vrx when I bought my Yamaha

Back