• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Do 215 scarab bow covers stain seats?

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I am picking up a 2015 scarab 215 HO Impulse Saturday and it has the bow and cockpit covers. I read in another thread these are staining seats. If so, would washing them remove the dye and prevent this? Also, can you safely trailer these without a cover? Must I buy the travel cover to trailer? Thanks.

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The bow covers on the 195 stain the seats as well. I talked to scarab directly and they have never heard of the problem. They need to sew in the same material they put in the cockpit cover to protect the rear seats. Just put a towel on the seats if your keeping the cover on for a while.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Pinhacker71 I pulled my 195 HOI from Prince Frederick, MD to Bradenton, FL without a cover. Just make sure there isn't anything in the boat that can blow out, make sure the center window is closed and secure, the tower locking screws are tight and off you go! I am in the process of buying a full cover for towing (keeps the rain out) and outdoors storage (for UV and tree debris protection).

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The factory tailing cover is worth it if you do plan on trailing a lot. It would be nice if it came with instructions to know how to get the best fit.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Rtimleck I would buy the Scarab cover (I'm not a fan of black covers) if someone could tell me if it provides UV protection, is it breathable and what's the warranty?