• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Do you change just to change?

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How often do you change phones just to change? I am not talking about going from old iPhone to new iPhone or old Android device to new Android device. How often do you change from one platform to another?

I just recently switched back to iPhone after being on Android for a long time.

I've gone from:
Windows Mobile, my favorite (not the same as windows phone)
iPhone 2 (original 3G)
HTC Incredible (start of Android devices that I kept)
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC One M7
Samsung Note 4 (Hated samsung reception)
iPhone 6+

I like to switch platforms from time to time instead of getting caught up in the Android is better or the iOS is better bickering that people do. It is refreshing to change up technology from time to time. I also switch a lot with computers as I run all 3 major operating systems with Windows, Mac, and Ubuntu Linux.

So who else doesn't like to get stuck in one type of a system?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How often do you change phones .............. It is refreshing to change up technology from time to time. I also switch a lot with computers as I run all 3 major operating systems with Windows, Mac, and Ubuntu Linux.
GEEK Warning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.............. We have a GEEK amongst us !

Run - Hide The Children - Pray !

LOL

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
GEEK Warning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.............. We have a GEEK amongst us !

Run - Hide The Children - Pray !

LOL
I've been called worse.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm generally a "tech" kind of guy (being an Electrical Engineer and all) but when it comes to something I touch every day - like my phone - I find I've become very much a "don't change too much too fast" kind of guy.

I was recently sentenced to the iPhone 6 after having a Galaxy and then a Galaxy III. I was pretty happy with my G III but the phones are supplied by my employer and they said it was time to upgrade. I'm getting used to the iPhone but I have to say it's been a couple weeks of "brain cramps" when I want to do something real quick that I always knew how to do: Now I have to think for a sec. It's getting better though. I'm developing my "iPhone reflexes" and probably won't want to change to anything else soon.

Come to think of it, I had to drag myself kicking and screaming into a new (to me) vehicle because I really liked my ol' Suburban. Oh No! I'M BECOMING MY DAD!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I went from dumb phone to OG iphone, to iphone 3gs, to og droid, to droid x2, to droid inc, to bionic, to droid note 3. Still on the 3, and not sure I could ever go back to apple stuff. Note 3 is currently outdated af and I'm not sure I'll ever upgrade. Does everything I could ever want in a phone...

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will stick with Apple IOS for a phone platform until somebody comes out with a reason to change. It is proprietary to some degree but has everything I need and more.

As for computers, I need to run both platforms. I run my personal life on Mac and my work life on Windows. Unfortunately most of my work programs only run on windows. Those programs are for security systems and home automation control programming.

I have been kicking around the idea of running Windows on the Mac and keep everything on one computer but I enjoy having multiple machines for many reasons.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Switched from iPhone to android and haven't found a need to go back. Both phones have advantages and disadvantages. My main issue is music. I love the android system for this being a drop and drag. I do not have a mac computer so I do not know if it is drop and drag for iPhone or not.