• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Does anyone know the center of gravity for a LS2000?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A new member @jimbo1 had difficulty posting and sent this question to me by email.

"I want to ask if anyone knows the fore n aft cg of a Yamaha LS2000. Have it on a cradle suspended at each corner by cables n want to equalize the wts on the cables. "

Certainly the stern is heavier since the engines are close to that end. I would think that the center of gravity would be a few feet forward of the engines. Hopefully someone has better info.

This is my old LX210 on the trailer. My guess is that the axle is just a little behind the center of gravity. Click the images to enlarge.

IMG_0652.png

IMG_0680.png

If you have this boat on a typical boat lift with 4 cable supports, you have nothing to worry about. The steel cables will support the weight even if the weight is off center -- all boats are heavier in the rear. If I were to guess.... the boats center of gravity is 3-4 feet forward of center of motor.

Don't know your answer but we always put our ice chest up front in our LX2000. Boat was light in the front. Made it ride a little better in the rough.

The lift cradle works fine. It has longitudinal bunks, so its easy to shift back n forth. I'm just trying to equalize the fore n aft weights so everything wears out at the same time. Or, nothing wears out prematurely.

LOL I know my exciter was so light I could pick up the tongue of the trailer, turn it around in my sloped driveway and back it into the garage the wrong way so I could fit the 212ss!!!
The LS can't be THAT much heavier. Go similar to the pictures above and you'll be set man.

Back