• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Double power poles on 255

Craigz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Has anyone done powerpoles for anchoring at the beach?
Wondering if it's generally enough to hold position all day without causing any stresses that will cause problems.

We currently drop anchor a ways off shore then use a beach anchor but it's a little too dicey to do the beach with just myself and my wife.
We live in florida and I'd like to be able to use the boat a little easier. Thoughts?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Double Danforth type anchors with 6 feet of chain and you'll be fine. Get the next size up for your size boat for the bow and the correct size for the stern. I live in Florida and have done this for 30 years and has worked every time.

Where in Florida are you? What type of boat do you have? Pics?

Gwynnmoore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Has anyone done powerpoles for anchoring at the beach?
Wondering if it's generally enough to hold position all day without causing any stresses that will cause problems.

We currently drop anchor a ways off shore then use a beach anchor but it's a little too dicey to do the beach with just myself and my wife.
We live in florida and I'd like to be able to use the boat a little easier. Thoughts?
I have two powerpoles on a Yamaha 212 limited we love them

Craigz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We are in swfl, punta gorda specifically. Our most common destination is cayo costa or the surrounding sandbars.
We have a 2017 scarab 255.

Where are you at?

Craigz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have two powerpoles on a Yamaha 212 limited we love them
Do you have any pictures?
I want to do it to my boat but not sure of the looks.

Gwynnmoore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

Attachments

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I plan on gettin a couple myself, as does @ DieselCamel . Smells like a Punta Gorda powerpole group buy is in order.

Rgardner928

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
I will take one and post it
Here is one
Here is one
Where did you fine those brackets? And does it pull weight wise? And what about when your hitting wakes and bouncing on the water. How are they holding up?