• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drive control check engine light diagnostic code 165

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
On Cumberland at the state dock, luckily, and as I was pulling in I got a drive control, check engine light.. it seems my port reverse bucket.. it seems to be locked in place and will not open .. I have found no obstruction. Was wondering if there was a way to do a manual reset so I can manipulate the bucket to determine if there is any issue @HELP

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Boat is is 2016 242ls e-series.
On Cumberland at the state dock, luckily, and as I was pulling in I got a drive control, check engine light.. it seems my port reverse bucket.. it seems to be locked in place and will not open .. I have found no obstruction. Was wondering if there was a way to do a manual reset so I can manipulate the bucket to determine if there is any issue @HELP

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not certain how to do a reset, but I'm 90% certain the control module is located on the floor in the helm storage area. I think there is a "manual" or "override" control that can be accessed from there in case of emergency. Might start there.

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks I found it.. it’s is self explanatory!! Turned it on manual,. Adjusted the bucket.. seemed to have dislodged whatever was blocking it.. no more error! Appreciate the pointer

Attachments

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks I found it.. it’s is self explanatory!! Turned it on manual,. Adjusted the bucket.. seemed to have dislodged whatever was blocking it.. no more error! Appreciate the pointer
Glad to help, and that the error cleared and you're back to boating.

Last time I was on State Dock was for the Poker Run Saturday Night Party in 2017.......So many people on the dock we had water coming UP through the slats. Really good time though!

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
im having the same issue. with my reverse bucket and engine light. i guess i will check that tomorrow

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just had this issue again. Followed the same process and cleared it.. I wonder why this keeps happen.. could there be a range adjustment on the drive cables? One is going further or not as far as the other maybe. I’ll do some research either way the solution still works.. thanks again.. headed back to Cumberland next week! :D