• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Duel bank battery charger question

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm going to install a prosport 12 duel battery charger. My question is, do I leave it plugged in all the time? We store the boat at my house and plan on using it every weekend.

Last edited:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep. I do that with my 'less smart' charger. Boat comes out and gets plugged in. Stays plugged in until the next time we go out. Certainly would be how I would do it with a real smart charger like that.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't forget the cut the DVSR loop wire when using a dual bank charger, otherwise it will just act like one big single bank changer. Should also install an activation wire for the DVSR so it will recharge both when the engines are running.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
(DVSR) allows the charging of a second battery bank from any single charging source. So would this mean I can connect to just one battery and not cut this wire. Also if all switches are turned off i don't see why the duel bank charger would not work

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The prosport chargers are smart chargers meaning they will charge and condition each battery separately from each other depending on the needs to that battery. Typically the house battery will need more charging and conditioning if it gets run down more often from the stereo and others things if you're in float mode a lot. Also the prosport chargers need to have a battery connected to each lead for it to work so you can't connect a dual back charger to just one battery. Even with the switches off the DVSR will make the connection to the batteries once it senses a charging voltage.