• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Duel Battery

pabs1278

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 G
Boat Length
I have a 2016 Scarab 255 Wake with twins 250 HO and I am planning on adding another battery. I am going to use the Blue Sea System kit, should i use the one with the ACR 65A or ACR 120A

1677816898618.png
1677816943810.png

or

I could not open your attachments but I assume one kit is 65 amp and the other is 120 amp. Factors to help with your decision would depend on the cold cranking amps of the additional battery. I would assume the kit comes with a selection switch for OFF, B1 or B2 or B1&2. If you will always start your engines with both batteries engaged (what I do) the amp draw for the added battery would be less. Starting with only the added battery would increase the amp draw. I am not sure of the price difference between the two options but I would play it safe and go for the larger amperage capacity kit.

The price difference is about 60.00. I’ll go with the 120a

thanks for the insight.

I used the 120 amp. Also with that switch both batteries are not engaged in the on position to the engine and starters, and there is no reason to do so - I guess you could wire that way but that defeats the purpose. You have "On" Which Isolates the two batteries each on their own post. Once running the ACR will charge both. The "Combine Mode" will combine both batteries. Use this when you need to, if your primary battery is dead. If you plan on using the second battery and combining them all the time, no need for a switch really.

You can wire it several ways. I guess undertanding how you want to use the second battery and why would help.

I use my 1st battery for engines and 1 bilge and base electronics. I use my 2nd battery for additions to the boat and radio.

Duel battery... Is that like when your engine compartment just isn't big enough for the both of them? ?

To the death?

assault and battery dual duel

Back