• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Duel engine flushing

applemagic77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m going to try and winterize my 2012 Yamaha 242 limited s this year. I know each engine has a flush adapter.... do I have to connect both to hoses when running a antifreeze mix through them. The Manuel says not To run 1 engine at a time. (You have to run them both). Thanks!

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When the boat is in the water you don’t want to run only one and not the other. But on the trailer when you have a hose hooked up you can. Just start the engine, then water, then water off, then engine off.
You should be fine. Good luck!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
No need to run antifreeze. Many of us store our boats in frigid parts of the country simply after blipping the throttle a couple times. A ballast system is a different story.

applemagic77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You do t even fog the engines?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fogging is a good practice so that rust cant build up when moisture is present. Antifreeze isnt required. Yamaha recommends starting each engine and rev each engine a few times to blow out excess water in the exhaust. If the boat will be sitting for more than 3 to 4 months put stabil in the fuel

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Winterizing is a piece of cake. Changing oil and plugs, topping off the fuel and adding stabil. (I use Fuel Med) It’s also one last chance to drink beer in your boat alone. I have a question though for those who fog. Do you guys crank it up again to spit the water out? Because in these cases, the engine shuts down before turning the water off.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
No need to run antifreeze. Many of us store our boats in frigid parts of the country simply after blipping the throttle a couple times. A ballast system is a different story.
@applemagic77 .....I have a slightly different perspective regarding winterizing. Like you I will run antifreeze through my engine before storing. I do store it in a heated and humidity controlled environment and yes, you can get 99% of the water out by "blipping" the throttle whilst on your trailer. So, why do I run antifreeze through my engine? Because most quality antifreeze solutions (certainly the ones I use) contain rust inhibitors. Soooo for the few $ and maybe 20 minutes of my time to do the job - I like to put rust inhibitors in the water channels of the engine. :cool:

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You do t even fog the engines?
Sorry @applemagic77 I spoke in too general of terms. Yes to Stabil in the gas and fogging. Change oil. I suck RV antifreeze into the ballast pump and lines. Pull the battery, clean out plugs (they are filled with water) and pumps ( I check the bearings off season).