• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dumb question of the day

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thinking through my wiring, and need i put.

I have an acr, and an existing 1/2/1+2 battery switch. Will be running 3 batteries, a pair of deep cycles in paralelle for house loads and a standard starting battery. As i see it, with my existing switch if i connect both the engine and house loads to it, the whole battery system till be used for both loads.

So i have two options, loo,ing for advice

1) Buy more stuff - in this case a dual path battery switch. This will separate the house and engine loads
2) Connect the engine load directly to the engine battery, and o ly use the switch on the house side. Since the engines are switched by the keys up front, there is no real need for them to have a bTattery turn off switch, all the load im concerned with is on the house side.

Obviously the dual path switch is the "better" option, but im not seeing what it gains me, so its spending money for no reason.

I'm always a fan of isolating but I'm not an electrical person to give advice,

maybe someone else can chime in,

I was in your same "boat" with my old AR230. So what I did was everything that I wanted to run off of my house batteries I ran to a positive distribution block and a negative distribution block. Then from there I ran wires to my batteries and to the switch ( 2 separate sets of wires off of the blocks). This way if I wanted to use the battery switch to help aid the starting battery some how i could.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Sys...08&s=gateway&sprefix=blue+sea+,aps,163&sr=8-2

Back