• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DYI board rack

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I purchased plastic board holder on line years ago. Over the years times broke off of almost all of them. I considered making a new rack out of pvc but decide to go with wood instead. Specifically two 2”x4”s, 20’ of 1” dowel, 20’ of pipe insulation with a 1” I’d , four lag bolts and two cans of spray paint: here is what the result looks like. 9C00E5F7-0B6F-401B-820B-596617EAC69F.jpeg
Edit: here is a pic of some of the racks I replaced.
0F193422-A703-4F75-B179-8859F168C356.jpeg
Here is one of a close up of the new rack, well one of the tines at least. There are 14 of them and only vary in length.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Much more elegant than my Home Depot solution

View attachment 167358
Actually I like your solution (i was going to type “rack” but that would have been weird). Looks like a lot less cutting and drilling. Funny you should mention it I got all of my materials from Home Depot as well.