• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Early Christmas Presents

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very cool! Was that box a father/son project?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It was. He asked for Lincoln Logs for Christmas. All the modern sets were designed to make a single design. So I bought a bunch of used Lincoln Logs and decided to make a box to put them in.

After buying the lumber I decided it would be fun to build the box together. I told him I needed to build a box for my train set that he had been playing with. He has a child's tool belt with a hammer, saw, tape measure, etc. So he geared up and we used his hand tools and a pin nail gun to build the box.

When we took the box to show the family be mentioned that he did not have a Christmas present so I asked him if he would like the box for Christmas. He said yes and I told him that I would put a surprise inside the box. After the poly cured I filled it with 15 pounds of Lincoln Logs and tied the ribbon where he could not peak in.

They built several several buildings this evening.

image.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like they are working on the hillside slide/ski lift prototype!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Enjoy the magic while it lasts! All my 2 girls want for Christmas is clothes, and gift cards. The toy days are OVER!

HOWEVER, I do have a surprise in store for my oldest daughter! I got her a used Honda Accord earlier this year to start driving. It is a 2001 but in great shape, it was a little bit of a compromise from what she wanted, but it was a great deal. So to keep my cool Dad status, I am going to upgrade the stereo over Christmas. It has the original head unit and a few blown speakers in it currently. I will be adding a new double din Kenwood head unit that is Bluetooth, 2 Polks in the front doors, 2 6x9 Rockfort Fosgates to the rear, a 12" Cerwin Vega sub, and a 2500W 5 channel amp! My buddy and I can't wait till after Christmas to get a case of Miller Lite and start the install!!!!!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Bruce: WOW ! The entire thread is so amazing !
REALLY enjoyed watching the Joys Of Christmas with your family !@

I must admit, however, when I read the topic title, I had figgered, like @Ronnie, you might have just received, thanks to UPS, more 2000 watt amps and kewl speakers - or something else along those lines.

Merry Christmas from our Home to yours !
tree-lights.gif

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Awesome, the box build is a great touch and then the logs even inspire him to be creative even further. He'll have a great engineering mind!

Merry Christmas!

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I remember getting lost for what seemed like days building things with Lincoln Logs. Great idea with the box.

Merry Christmas!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
LOL..I wish we had the tracker website when I was a kid.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOL..I wish we had the tracker website when I was a kid.
No kidding! We had some corny weatherman play a horrible 1980's graphic of Santa and reindeer flying in the sky past the yellow moon.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They opened some components for this afternoons project. After brainstorming what to do with all the strange presents they have decided to add music to their playground.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Who needs speakers?

This is the full set of supplies all of which were wrapped up for them. The speakers are cheap so they may be upgraded soon but we don't want it to be too loud.

image.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Fun project! I can imagine how perplexed they were when opening some of those items.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Roughed in the stereo install today. Need to find time for the solar panel and cleanup.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Now what you have done is really kewl, @Bruce ! NICE !
If ya won't adopt Murf, wooda ya consider an older adopted "dad" ? ........... LOL !
Mikey Lulejian - Waitin' by the phone for yer answer on Lake Oconee, GA

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We had a very relaxed Christmas today with just my parents and the kids. After the playground stereo install we visited my Grandmother then in the spirit of A Christmas Story we had Chinese for dinner! We have 22 coming for dinner on Saturday so that will be our crazy Christmas meal. Our turkey and ham are going in the smoker tomorrow. @Murf'n'surf and @MikeyL, if you show up we will be glad to have you. I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Here is the Chinese Turkey.

image.jpg