• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

ECU Repair for 2004 Yamaha sx230

Boatster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a bad ECU on my yamaha sx230. Looking to get repaired if possible. Is there an ECU repair place in the US outside of Carmo?

if I am unable to get repaired, where is the best place to get a new one in the US? Are they plug and play also or is programming needed on a new one? Thanks!

I have a bad ECU on my yamaha sx230. Looking to get repaired if possible. Is there an ECU repair place in the US outside of Carmo?

if I am unable to get repaired, where is the best place to get a new one in the US? Are they plug and play also or is programming needed on a new one? Thanks!

Boat is a 2004 Yamaha sx230. Engines only have 133 hours each.

What's the reason for not wanting to use Carmo?

what are you symptoms that lead you to a bad ECU ?
Do you have a YDS unit ?

Evaluated by dealer and said ECU bad. Wanted $1500 to replace.
How long does it take with Carmo? Do you send it to Carmo USA or directly to Netherlands?

I had one repaired by Carmo. You send to an address in California and I believe they send them in batches to the Netherlands about every 2 weeks. Turnaround time was about 1 month from mailing it out. I now need the same repair on my other computer. If I had overnighted it to CA it may have been done in time for a big family trip. I chose to order a new ECU that I hope to have next week then I'll get the bad one repaired for a spare or resale. Costs me more but keeps me and the rest of the family happy. I'm not aware of anyone else that does this repair. There is another website, www.rectifierrepair or something like that but I believe it's the same folks. There is no programming needed, whether you buy new or get repaired it's plug and play. You can do the removal and install yourself with basic hand tools. It will take 2 people to remove the box that holds the ECU from the back wall of the engine bay. I'm curious if you find water in that box. I found a decent amount of water with my first failure but almost none with the second failure.

No matter in the box for me. Did you pay the $539 or whatever up front or just the $85 diagnostic fee?

also, where did you buy a new ECU? Going to do the same as you buying new and having a backup.

No water in the box for me. Did you pay the $539 or whatever up front or just the $85 diagnostic fee?

also, where did you buy a new ECU? Going to do the same as you buying new and having a backup.

No matter in the box for me. Did you pay the $539 or whatever up front or just the $85 diagnostic fee?

When I did it last year I think I paid the diagnostic and if they find it does need repairs they will charge the additional amount. I haven't done it yet this year as mine just failed Monday while on vacation. I'm home now but haven't taken the time to send out this second one. I ordered from Partzilla. They were cheapest. When I ordered on Tuesday it said ships in 2-3 days. Got an email yesterday saying it should ship Monday. Praying that is the case and there are no crazy delays but you never know for sure anymore.

Last edited:
Back