• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ECU

Yoel Prieto

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Hi I'm yoel
I was washing my 2001 ls 2000
Yamaha jet boat engines
And I think I put water in the left engine..
And now the engine doesn't want to start..
Do I have to wait till it dries or did I mess it up
Please help me asap..
Thanks..

Welcome @Yoel Prieto and sorry to hear about your issue.

Will the engine crank at all?
We’re you flushing the engine while this happened?
Did you have the hose flowing water without the engine running?
If so, it’s possible that the cylinders are filled with water.

If so, you need to immediately remove the spark plugs and crank the engine to pump out the water. Then replace the spark plugs and run the engine to get the moisture out. It would be best to do this immediately and to run the engine for a half hour on a lake to get as much moisture out of the engine. Otherwise the engine will more than likely be a total loss.

It's a 2 stroke so no valves.
How full of water and how did you go about doing it?

Back