• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Eight.3 Telescope CTN Bags

Yamaha242lsdallas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone use these? I'm looking at getting two 800# bags, one for the port side under seats all the way back as far as i can get it. and the other in the locker. I figure the telescoping feature would make it easy to empty, removing the seat over the battery compartment and it looks like it would stick up and afford easy emptying.

My only concern is how durable that telescoping part is, how long will the zipper hold up etc.

Also is 800# to much for the structural integrity in the ski locker location? I may not fill up to a full 800# there but want to make sure i was not going to risk cracking the locker area. I'm also assuming under the port seat and all the way back in that area is structurally sound enough to hold a 800# bag?

Thanks for any input/experience with these bags.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I wouldn't think #800 woild be too much for the ski locker; I've read on this forum of people just filling it with water (no bag) without any issues.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I filled my locker up a bunch with an 800 bag. No issues.

ballastbag2.jpg

Yamaha242lsdallas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just ordered 2 800 # Straight Line Sumo Center Locker Sacs plus the super sumo pump. I measured the back compartment (port side) and no way was a Eight.3 800# bag going to fit in there. Also with the fill valve on one end on the bags I ordered it will make it easy to fill/empty in both locations. Can't wait until next week to test out!