• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Elecrical / Charging / ACR Problem

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On the water... having an electrical problem... but I figured it out and wanted to share.

Using the volt reading on my Garmin 440... on the way out of the marina the ACR usually switches over to charge the house battery after about five minutes. Last two trips... not so much.

This trip out it never switched and the combined LED on the ACR was flashing green. I had to switch to both to see any charge indication on the house battery. I knew that the start battery was topped off so not too concerned.

Just now checking the battery connections, I found the issue. When I was going crazy spraying Fluid Film all over the boat after my near sinking episode... I sprayed down the battery terminals. It obviously penetrated between the connectors and the terminals and caused enough resistance to fault the ACR.

So... don't spray Fluid Film on electrical connections...

All cleaned up and back to normal.

Have a great rest of the weekend all...

20140831_121614.jpg

Have fun out there! Perfect weather this weekend.

I know I know. I was out on the water until 1am last night running the big boat for a party. I'm bushed today!

Back