• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Emerald Isle, NC

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Had an awesome day out on our 2021 FSH 195 yesterday. Probably our favorite place to take our boat, Emerald Isle, NC. The water was smooth offshore. Spend a few hours out there catching shark and some flounder. Flounder wasn’t in season, had to throw those back. One of the shark wouldn’t let me get the hook out and latched onto one of the cushions on our swim deck. Saw a school of 12 or so sharks swim up to the surface while I was letting him loose… never saw that many at the same time. Finished up the day at our favorite sandbar.

IMG_3444.jpegIMG_3454.jpegIMG_3469.jpegView attachment 201838IMG_3457.jpegIMG_3471.jpegIMG_3473.jpegIMG_3449.jpegIMG_3453.jpeg

K's1stBoat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi bubbasuwannee, I live near Morehead City. I have a 195fsh. It is my first boat. I thought it would have been easier and funner to utilize. You look like you have some experience. Would you be interested in going out with a newbie and showing the ropes? Thanks

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi bubbasuwannee, I live near Morehead City. I have a 195fsh. It is my first boat. I thought it would have been easier and funner to utilize. You look like you have some experience. Would you be interested in going out with a newbie and showing the ropes? Thanks
I'm still learning a lot myself. Unfortunately we live inland a good bit (in-between Raleigh and Fayetteville) so we don't get out that way a much as I'd like. We were actually out there last weekend though.

Be sure to help any way I can. Will let you know next time we're headed that way. Lots of great resources here of course.

K's1stBoat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you Sir, I don't do much forum stuff. Do you know how I can find other locals? Thanks for the quick response.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you Sir, I don't do much forum stuff. Do you know how I can find other locals? Thanks for the quick response.
If you're on FB, there's an FSH group you can join. I know there's a few out your way.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have enjoyed the NC and Ga coast lines so much. When you mentioned the flounder season I was surprised and looked it up. I found that the flounder population is getting very low and this year you only have two weeks to fish for flounder. So go back out there September 15th through the 29th and catch some. They taste so good fresh! I lived in Savannah we caught sharks all the time too. It was fun. I never had one tear up my seat! That sucks!

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have enjoyed the NC and Ga coast lines so much. When you mentioned the flounder season I was surprised and looked it up. I found that the flounder population is getting very low and this year you only have two weeks to fish for flounder. So go back out there September 15th through the 29th and catch some. They taste so good fresh! I lived in Savannah we caught sharks all the time too. It was fun. I never had one tear up my seat! That sucks!
I do like me some flounder! Yes the commercial fisherman have causing a huge drop in the population from my understanding. But I did see they are going to have a season for us regular fisherman soon.

Yup, sharks are fun to catch...nice to have some battle scars