• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Engine compartment

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ok might be a really stupid question, but I just noticed it when I pulled my boat out of storage and changed my spark plugs. Is the engine compartment supposed to be completely sealed? The reason I'm asking is because behind my engine at the bottom of the compartment there is a gap. It looks like it might be missing caulking or something. Didn't know if this is normal or not. I wish I would of taken a pic prior to putting her back into indoor storage. Thanks for any help in advance.

In the very back is where my hole is for the bilge pump. Not sure if the newer boats are like that but I wouldn't think it is a huge ordeal if it isn't totally sealed.

I'd have to see a pic to be sure, but I'm with @jcyamaharider, it's probably for the bilge.

Wish I had my boat here to double check but believe you are talking about where the back engine wall meets the engine compartment flooring. To my best recollection that area is covered by a substance more like a white filler substance. That said, the bilge hole is also cut into that same Area. I do not see it being a major problem But think that area is normally cover at the factory.

The actual bilge pump is positioned at the front of the engine. I don't think it is an issue, but never noticed it before until the other day. It was really bothering me if it was an issue or not. Thanks for everyones replies

Back