• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine door opening on its own

Airdenver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
This has happened while towing and running fast across the lake. Every time it was in pretty smooth conditions. I jerk up on the lid and nothing. Is there an adjustment I can make? My post that the lid latches on to did seem a little loose. I tightened, but haven't run it hot or towed the boat yet.

Airdenver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
This has happened while towing and running fast across the lake. Every time it was in pretty smooth conditions. I jerk up on the lid and nothing. Is there an adjustment I can make? My post that the lid latches on to did seem a little loose. I tightened, but haven't run it hot or towed the boat yet.
Sorry, it's a195 HO, 2015

Bry-n-Jess-165/HOI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The post height can be adjusted but just make sure you push down firm enough and the opening flap is pushed all the way down after you close it. This mechanism can use a lil shot of silicone on the internals so it will fully engage in the closed position

Chris Simpson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
This has happened to me as well. I found the locating post was loose but after tightening, it happened again. Both times it was at speed in rough water. Will try lubrication and pressing down on the release catch in future as suggested, but I always pull up on the handle after pressing down on the hatch to lock it. Of course if you have passengers sitting on the seats above the hatch, that will keep it down!

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I notice it happens when I step into the boat. Maybe it has something to do with it suddenly bouncing. Also I posted here some pictures and a fix of that entire latch system. It is a terrible design the way they mount the upper mechanism. You can look through my posts and see my fix.
Also I noticed if you tow on highway put your seats flat to relieve stress on the latch coming up.