• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine hour difference (potential stupid idea )

Sroc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
So on Friday, I sucked up some piece of plastic. I had to run on one engine for two hours back to my marina . My anal-retentive side is contemplating (to even out the engine hours) potentially runing on one engine to balance out the hours... I have plenty of areas to run at low wake speeds sight seeing and still enjoy the day. Am I crazy?? Has anyone done this? It's ok to let me know how stupid of an idea this is. I was only thinking of the potential impact on resale value with engine hours being off by 2 hours on a brand new boat. I should also mention I am contemplating a trade up to a 255XD or 275SD next year or two

You could if it gives you piece of mind. Mine are off just over an hour right now, I would assume it is from me starting the port side first and then the starboard side there after. Not sure it will be that big of a deal when selling.

You could if it gives you piece of mind. Mine are off just over an hour right now, I would assume it is from me starting the port side first and then the starboard side there after. Not sure it will be that big of a deal when selling.
Thanks did you go out yesterday or today? I'm figuring on being boat less for the next week or two.

Back