• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine Hours Counter still at 0 Hours...

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Perhaps I'm not looking in the right area, or some other form of user error. The Engine Hours counter for both engines shows 0.0 HRS. They've never moved as far as I can remember and we've never hit that Reset All button. Currently there should be between 12 and 13 hours for both engines showing. There is the other counter in the 'wellness' section that tracks hours for engine service intervals and that one is working. We ran it up to just a touch over 10, had the 10 Hour service done, the dealer reset it, and now it's as 2 HRS. I did not get a photo of that one. Just the one that's yet to move. The one that I thought was un-reset-able and acted much like a vehicle's odometer.

Any thoughts on what I should check to get this back up and running, or is this a call the dealer type of thing?

IMG-1348.jpg

Yeah, I would call the dealer, sounds like a software glitch.

So, I called the dealership about this today and was very confidently told, without hesitation, that they'd seen this before, and that Yamaha says that the engines have to be running for the hours to read out something other than "0". The guy at the dealership was in agreement with me in thinking that about as odd as the day is long but, reassured me that Yamaha considers it normal.

If my wife and I can get enough crap on our Adulting T'Do List done in time, we'll hit the lake this weekend and see if this is the case after all.

It's the optional "build resale value" gauge and it is working quite well!

Back