• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine not Firing / Sluggish Cranking

kaylix

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
Hi everyone. Just finished replacing parts on my '97 SS Tango Off Shore.
All new:
1. Stator (orig. was not passing tests)
2. Flywheel (orig. had magnets break off)
3. Electric Fuel Pump
4. Enrichment Valve
5. Fuel Filter
6. Spark Plugs

Prior to all of these replacements, the engine would turn over but wouldn't start (a few weeks ago it would start). So I decided to do some maintenance and upgrades.
Now, all I have is slow cranking. A few cranks eats up the batteries (1000cca Marine)
I tested kill switch Black with yellow line and it was ok.
I'm lost now and really depressed, i brought the boat all the way from NY to NC and just wanted a few days of fun on the water.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@kaylix Sorry about your situation. Searching the forums for 'Sugar Sand Tango' is one place to start.

kaylix

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
Hahaha, I see what you did there....+1

kaylix

Reaction score
Boat Make