• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine Oil for Supercharged Intercooled Rotax Engine

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I'm ready to do my first oil change. Reading thru the Service Manual I notice a warning which states to NEVER use synthetic oil (see picture below). I was all set purchasing Rotella T6 5W-40 Full Synthetic but now I'm confused. Am I missing something? My twins are supercharged engines. Is T6 the preferred oil? Is T6 ok to use in these engines?

1549370087432.png

1549370331646.png

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sorry all...I searched more and this has been beaten to death and respect @ScarabMike's opinion. Done...

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Am I missing something, Is this not for Diesel Engines only?

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Check with Scarab Mike... He knows his stuff and swears buy it for his last 100 hours this is all he has used.

255IDTwin300s

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Am I missing something, Is this not for Diesel Engines only?
no it's not just for Diesel. Rotella products are VERY high quality oils - as long as they are T6 (which means that it is correct for wet clutches etc) you are good to go and are using a very good oil with excellent protection.

Geeman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Dean, I'm just running the wimpy 250 h.p. engines ( insert sarcasm), And the page you posted, is excatly what I was referring to. I'd hate for some malfunction, and have these guys bail on a technicality, and they most definitely would. I won't bother you any more on this. I'm going to go with the filters you guys recommended, and the XPS blend, and live with that. Thanks for the link for the oil!

hvluve

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Sorry all...I searched more and this has been beaten to death and respect @ScarabMike's opinion. Done...

Are you going with the T6 oil or OEM? I'm thinking about changing the oil in my boat but still not sure what to use.

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Are you going to the T6 oil or OEM? I'm thinking about changing the oil in my boat but still not sure what to use.
I use T6 with no worries at all.

hvluve

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I use T6 with no worries at all.
Cool, I might go with the T6 as well. Just a little bit confused, the manual stated never use synthetic oil. Isn't the T6 is full synthetic? How long have been using this oil? Notice anything different and how often do you change your oil?

Thanks,

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I've only used full synthetic in all my engines (cars, motorcycles and boats). I have no idea why your manual would state that. I am not familiar with your boat nor am I an expert on oil. You should follow your owners manual.

hvluve

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I got the Rotax 250HP Supercharge engine and I'm looking at the service manual you posted back in 2019.

Engine Oil.png