• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Eq and amp install

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I picked up a Clarion XC1410 amp with a Clarion EQs755 (it was a package deal). My stock head unit has 3 sets of preamp outputs (Front, rear, Sub)
The EQ has RCA inputs for Main in. Can I use the EQ if my radio doesn't have "Main out"?

Thanks in advance.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would either use the front or rear output, you will just lose the fade function.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fade on the head unit?
Yes. Fade anywhere...as in control of front/rear speakers. You will only have balance...L/R. You have to pick either front/rear outs, go in to your EQ, and then out of your EQ to amp. If your amp has 4 channels with 2 sets of inputs then you could have fader control without the EQ. Tradeoff.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep, as described by @scokill . I have the last version of that EQ and it's great if you want to use more than 1 amp.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the quick responses!

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@jeff_s I have the Clarion EQs755 with a 5 channel amp and you will not loose F/R fade as you will now need to use the fade feature on the EQ it self. I currently use it to fade from the cockpit speakers to the swimdeck speakers.

Last edited: