• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Exhaust Question

MakeItSo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Good Morning! 'brand new to jet boating, and first brand new boat. Maiden voyage last night raised a question: we noticed a small amount of visible exhaust (pic attached). Other boats I've piloted had no visible exhaust. Is this normal? TIA!

Attachments

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have a Chaparral Vortex, it puts off steam from the same location. It's from the water that's used to cool the exhaust. Folks with Yamaha's will be along shortly, but I believe on your boat it's completely normal as well. Welcome to the jet boat world, great people and info on this forum!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Good Morning! 'brand new to jet boating, and first brand new boat. Maiden voyage last night raised a question: we noticed a small amount of visible exhaust (pic attached). Other boats I've piloted had no visible exhaust. Is this normal? TIA!
:Welcome:
As Chatt said, it's normal to see some steam from the thermostat by-pass. If you look under the swim platform, you'll see the exhaust port (about 3") on the side of the transom facing the jetpump with what looks like a pie-cut rubber cover. Above that facing down will be the by-pass port (about 1") where hot water from the engine cooling system is returned to the water. You'll notice it mostly after coming off plane and cooler days. On hot days I don't notice it.
Are you having fun yet?
:D

MakeItSo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
:Welcome:
As Chatt said, it's normal to see some steam from the thermostat by-pass. If you look under the swim platform, you'll see the exhaust port (about 3") on the side of the transom facing the jetpump with what looks like a pie-cut rubber cover. Above that facing down will be the by-pass port (about 1") where hot water from the engine cooling system is returned to the water. You'll notice it mostly after coming off plane and cooler days. On hot days I don't notice it.
Are you having fun yet?
Oh my God, yes - I love this boat!
Thanks for the info!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Oh my God, yes - I love this boat!
Got pics?
I'm terrible for remembering to get pics...forgot twice to get a pic of our new low-profile soft cooler for a user on here. I think the problem is these boats are just so much fun I forget everything else.
:rolleyes:

MakeItSo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Got pics?
I'm terrible for remembering to get pics...forgot twice to get a pic of our new low-profile soft cooler for a user on here. I think the problem is these boats are just so much fun I forget everything else.
:rolleyes:
PXL_20210611_002043870-EFFECTS.jpg