• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Expandable hull breach plugs

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone used these before? It looks like a better solution than having various wooden plugs on board. I guess they're expandable like the compressible ear plugs.

http://www.forespar.com/Truplug/

Those are cool. Nice find....now what do I do with all these wooden bungs I've got scattered around the garage? Hmmmm, there will be a large campfire at some point this weekend...Problem Solved!

I did some more research, and someone had a good point... what would be all that different than keeping a few Nerf footballs on board? They can be compressed and stuffed into holes in the hull as well. Could cut off pieces to fit as well.

I use Captain Ahab's peg leg repair kit, or for the smaller holes, the "Pinocchio" small kit repair. You just break a piece off a leg or nose to fit, and you are done. :)

I bought two for our trip to Grand Bahama Island last year. However, I did not need to use them :).

In my experience a hull breach caused by impact isn't a simple hole that can be filled with some sort of plug. I guess under the right circumstances it might come in handy, but do you swim under the boat and apply?

In my experience a hull breach caused by impact isn't a simple hole that can be filled with some sort of plug. I guess under the right circumstances it might come in handy, but do you swim under the boat and apply?

I agree, I'd assume impact hull breaches aren't going to be stopped by these plugs. However, it seems like a great backup for those with the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality of the original scuppers.

Theses plugs can and WILL help in a hull breach. They may not completely stop water ingestion and are not really designed as such. It's more to dramatically reduce the volume of water entering. Hopefully this will allow your bilge pump(s) to maintain

Theses plugs can and WILL help in a hull breach. They may not completely stop water ingestion and are not really designed as such. It's more to dramatically reduce the volume of water entering. Hopefully this will allow your bilge pump(s) to maintain

I hit a stump and the breach manifested itself as very large cracks. There was no way to "stuff" something in there, and you would have to dive under the boat to do it even if you could. I can see a "puncture" that is somewhat round or oval, especially on the sides. The bottom of the hull is very thick and the force required to breach the bottom will most likely not leave a void to be filled but rather damage spread out as cracks..

How am I to stuff something in here in the water?
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Of course in your situation..it would not work. Unless, you cut out some of the glass that's damaged THEN stuff plug.

Back