• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

F-150 Lightening Towing Range

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had one on order and cancelled it after the first real-world towing test report stated something like 80 miles on a full charge towing a camper. What a joke.

The test should have been done with a 252 and a giant bimini.
No kidding

Aero problems are far worse than weight problems.

Kyle from Out of Spec Reviews did a neat test with a Rivian that illustrates this quite well. Nevermind it wasn't a super scientific, or really great setup, the general premise shows through I think.

The current bottleneck in the expansion of EV popularity is charge speed IMO. I took a 400 mile round trip road trip with my wife in our EV a month or so ago and we stopped briefly to charge but the lack of level 3 fast chargers available is a hinderance. That said, overall the trip went well. The hope is that once the speed and infrastructure of fast chargers gets fleshed out, specifically along the highways, it will be no different than gassing up an ICE vehicle.

I just don't see them being adequate tow vehicles for people whom tow anything.

I just don't see them being adequate tow vehicles for people whom tow anything.

Short trips to the boat ramp…. The 4xE does great with this.

Yeah, i am not going to spend that kind of money to do short trips to a boat ramp. For that kind of money I can get any tow vehicle I want and have range.........

Of course if it works for you that is great.

Last edited:
Yeah, i am not going to spend that kind of money to do short trips to a boat ramp. For that kind of money I can get any tow vehicle I want and have range.........

Of course if it works for you that is great.

Yeah it depends on usage. If I went anywhere far, we are taking the truck not the Jeep. If someone wants an iPhone F150 and tows 3 miles to their ramp and doesn't take long towing trips, it would be a good choice. I hear you though - I've stated in other threads we are doing a full 360 on the EV. We went from a Hemi to a Tesla to a PHEV... the PHEV will be replaced with a gas guzzling v8. (If I can still get one at that time).

Back