• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fans versus Speakers

Yambers

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Most of our boating is done as a family. Quiet, relaxing, family oriented boating. We fish, we tube, we eat, and the girls catch some rays. Since we are not parked at sandbars partying (mainly because Indiana doesn't have sandbars), we don't need the radio blaring trying to drown out the guy next to us who is jamming out to Kid Rock at an annoying noise level. Last time we were out I don't even think we had the radio on most of the time, as we were enjoying the weather and conversation.

We also boat with a 9 month old on regular occasions. This past weekend was hot, and I remember the wife stating that she would love a fan for when we are not moving. Plus it would keep the baby cool. Not to mention I am white as a ghost, burn in the shade, and cant breathe in humidity, so I love a good fan as well. lol.

So I thought I would search around and find some decent fans that I could mount at various angles on the tower instead of speakers. Has anyone else done this?

I know the comments will come, like "to loud means you are to old". I am not against jammin out in the car, or while mowing, or at a concert, but not while boating. Causes sensory overload when you have country jammin in one boat, and Joe Shmo next to you has rap, and next to him is another Shmo with rock blasting. All trying to prove who has a bigger penis...Not enjoyable to me. Besides, I am confident in my manhood, I don't need to compensate for anything. hahaha

Just kidding of course. Everyone has their own thing when it comes to accessories. We dont tie up with others at all. We search out the quiet places. better for napping and fishing.

So, again, has anyone done this? I thought about 4-6 fans at about 4" to 6" diameter. Possibly ones that rotate. Definitely have to swivel. A couple pointed forward, a couple down, a couple back. Nice brackets.

While I was testing my soundbar because I have a little weewee, I thought to my self this could make a cool fan/mister. Maybe they have something in the soundbar size that acts as a fan, and you could rig it to pull water from the tank?

I looked at those. I was hoping to run off the 12 volt system, or wire to a switch at the helm.
If you are going that far, get the fan and mister system!!

Seriously though - this is a good option if you want to spend the money:

Seriously though - this is a good option if you want to spend the money:

Wow.. Almost $900

A couple of ideas....

1) Look for camper fans - those are all 12v and you should be able to find one that plugs in.

2) You can buy USB powered fans as well, but they move a small volume of air

3) Make your own misting system! I would look at the misting systems you can buy (for cheap) for trampolines or your deck (meant to connect to a standard garden hose) and figure out a way to connect it to a ballast bag pump. Those pump motors are very robust and are meant to handle big loads for extended time (they're just high flow bilge pumps), you'd just have to figure out how to reduce/split the output to your misting system.

A couple of ideas....

1) Look for camper fans - those are all 12v and you should be able to find one that plugs in.

2) You can buy USB powered fans as well, but they move a small volume of air

3) Make your own misting system! I would look at the misting systems you can buy (for cheap) for trampolines or your deck (meant to connect to a standard garden hose) and figure out a way to connect it to a ballast bag pump. Those pump motors are very robust and are meant to handle big loads for extended time (they're just high flow bilge pumps), you'd just have to figure out how to reduce/split the output to your misting system.
No ballast bags, but I do have a fresh water shower.. hhhmmmmm

We use a Ryobi 18v fan. Works like a champ, I don’t like running wires if I can avoid it.

We use a Ryobi 18v fan. Works like a champ, I don’t like running wires if I can avoid it.
Those look promising. Reviews state 6-8 hours on high. More than enough for a day out.

I keep two small 12v fans onboard for comfort while sitting in the no-wake cove at Racoon Lake. Small clamps mean they can clip on just about anywhere and then stow away until needed again.

I keep two small 12v fans onboard for comfort while sitting in the no-wake cove at Racoon Lake. Small clamps mean they can clip on just about anywhere and then stow away until needed again.
I was looking at those as well. I will eventually run out of storage space if I keep adding all the comforts of home.

1622077184228.png
I follow a few catamaran sailing Chanels on “the tube” and this fan is highly recommended.

Last edited:
I have a neighbor that brings a portable misting fan. Not sure of the specs or brand just saw it on his patio a couple of times. Maybe that is something that can work for you just pull it out when needed.

Back