• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

fat sac

t-tracks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
have an 2013 ar210 and installed a new fat sac bag and drove boat 50 feet an bag flipped off back an broke the tie down hoops an is now in bottom of lake, it didn't float up, anyone else have experience like this. waste of money so far, but the wake it left was good

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like it wasn't completely full? Did you tie to the handles on the bag or just use them as guides for the ropes? If you purchased new the bag comers with links to watch on how to secure the bag on the back of the boat.

t-tracks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ya it was full, with no air thats why it sank i guess, it just kinda fliped off back and broke all 4 of the little plastic hoops rite off the bag and disappeared into the water i am just left with the 4 small plastic tie downs. It was filled with air first and then secured onto back and filled with water. now fatsac says i need to get hodges marine to warrenty it and hodges marine says i need to contact fatsac, i hope its not a complete run around.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds like it wasn't completely full? Did you tie to the handles on the bag or just use them as guides for the ropes? If you purchased new the bag comers with links to watch on how to secure the bag on the back of the boat.
I'm with you on this one. When I have mine filled and tied properly, there is no way I could move it if I wanted to. I have wondered if the ropes were even necessary it was so solid. But the risk of losing it won me over.

But if properly filled and tied, mine would never fall off. Literally impossible. Probably the reason we don't use it as much, as we have to drain it nearly completely to move from side to side and nobody cares to wait for that.

I would also say, that the handles were more guides for the ropes as well. If I had used them as tie offs, it would have ripped them off, and if one went while it was falling of, it would have ripped the others as soon as all the weight hit the water under way. I do believe we were told to use them more as guides. As they allowed the ropes to be placed in a the perfect position to hold the bag, and keep them from sliding out of place while filling.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This has happened to me... TWICE. Both times because the bag was full, but not, buldging full. If there's ANY slop in the bag, it'll allow for the water to push the bag, and rip the handles, off the boat.

However, your bag didn't sink - at least mine never did. Because of all the water and the small amount of air, it was neutral to neutral-positive buoyance. But... it had to be pumped out while in the water in order to get it on the boat - a real PITA.

Always fill until it's 120% full and ready to pop (it won't) to prevent sloshing issues.

t-tracks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ya my bag sank to the bottom because no air in it. it was pumped up tight, i did leav the pump on for quite a while pumping after it was full, the bag was the 1046 725lb bag, its not the one with handles it just has 4 low mounted loops, I'm sure if there was 2 more straps tied off higher it would not have flipped off. it was top heavy an I think because the ropes are mounted down low it just flipped off with the back.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
this is what I was left with.
Your rope on the top loops were to low. The newer 21ft boats really need to go back to the tower or to a higher point of attachment. The older 21ft boats and 24ft boats are way better then your year because the tube tow point is up higher. There are pictures here in the site to show how most of the other ones do it.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
ya it was full, with no air thats why it sank i guess, it just kinda fliped off back and broke all 4 of the little plastic hoops rite off the bag and disappeared into the water i am just left with the 4 small plastic tie downs. It was filled with air first and then secured onto back and filled with water. now fatsac says i need to get hodges marine to warrenty it and hodges marine says i need to contact fatsac, i hope its not a complete run around.
It has went both ways with our business also, sometimes Fatsac will, sometimes they won't.

t-tracks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yep. maybe they can clarify their instructions for different models. I can guarantee it will be tied up higher on the next one. I hope they take care of me, as we only have a short season up here in Northern mb. it did have a good wake while it lasted for the short trip

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
When I tie my bag up, I use one of my thick docking ropes on my 212S. Here's my strategy that has led to zero failures with a fully filled bag:

Docking rope loop goes through the rear cleat like I was tying up. Then I run the rope through the bottom handles and around the ski/tube rope connection spot, then back to bag through the top loops, then I run it through the open ended part of the loop on the cleat, and knot it from there.

Most importantly, when the bag is filling, I'm moving the ropes up as high as they can go on the bag to prevent them from sitting too low on the bag once it's bulging.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
this is what I was left with.
I was totally way off base on this. I didn't realize the 21' bags used those little holders. Our 24' bag has the handles that are used as rope guides.

You can ignore my comments and advise, as they don't apply to what you had going on. I had no idea your bag had those janky little line guides. I'm amazed something like that can stay adhered to a bag.

t-tracks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yes i agree, i am just in touch with company for a warranty claim and when i get new bag i am going to buy a cargo net and that thing will never come off after i am done securing it. lol,