• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fell Marine MOB+ Dual Engine Wiring?

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I read through a dozen threads, but no-one mentions HOW to wire one of these up. If anyone has a MOB installed on a dual engine FSH, I would appreciate if you could take a few photos of what wires that need to be spliced and which ones pair up to what - including the secondary wiring harness! (or any other pointers)

Thanks in advance!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you purchase their twin engine wiring kit?

here's some info. I don't have it but I've been looking at it for some time.

If you don't use their diode splitter/dual engine harness, you will shut down both engines whenever you shut a single engine off, and both engines must be NOT in the off position for any to start... maybe a roundabout way of saying...you probably want the dual engine harness so you don't have to play these crazy games.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well no apology needed, since the whole point of the site is to ask question, so denied :D

The trick is to find the wires connected to the kill switch. I'm not familiar with your boat Layout, but those 4 white and black wires get spliced to wires of the same color that are behind your current kill switch.

How accessible is that area in your boat? on mine I removed the throttle assembly to reach it, but I have an SX230. These should be some access to the area under the current lanyard/kill/safety switch so you can get a hold of those 4 wires that connect to that harness.

To connect it to Power you will need to find some "switched" power. In my boat for a similar purpose I tapped into some wires going to the depth finder that were switched and had power. (By switched, I mean they come on when you turn the boat's key to ON.)

Let us know if that helps. If it does not we may need someone with the same boat to point out some good wires to tap for power.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a FSH so the entire area under the center console is accessible. I had a fuse block installed a week ago so I’ll just tap into that for power. Thanks for your help!

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I installed the FELL MOB on my FSH 190, and it should be almost the same installation for you. You, of course, have the multi-engine harness to install too. You take the regular harness that came with the unit (screws into the back of the unit). You would do the following:
1) Red to Power, 2) Black to Ground, 3) Blue to nothing, 4) Orange to the Orange on the Multi-engine harness and 5) Gray to the Gray on the Multi-engine harness.

Afterwards, You would choose either to by-pass your lanyard switch or connect in parallel. If By-pass, you would connect the pairs of Black and White wires JUST to the Black and White wires going to the engines (after you cut the wires). If Parallel, you connect the pairs of Black and White wires to BOTH the Black and White wires (the ones going back to the kill switch and the ones going on to the engines).

Does that help?

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
BTW, if you are connecting in Parallel, you will need to buy some bigger connectors. I could not use the included ones for the three wire connections.

Also, FWIW, I got power from an unused accessory switch on the console.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does that help?
Yes, this write up is super helpful!!!

Is there a reason why you did not chose the first option and by-pass the lanyard?

I assume if you “connect in parallel” then the lanyard also has to be attached?

Thanks again!!!

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I connected in Parallel because: 1) I still can use the regular lanyard if I want to (if I ever find myself in truly bad seas I might want both or if the FELL system fails I can deactivate it with the By-Pass plug and use the regular lanyard) and 2) it seemed like a good idea at the time (the real reason).

The choice is yours.

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I read through a dozen threads, but no-one mentions HOW to wire one of these up. If anyone has a MOB installed on a dual engine FSH, I would appreciate if you could take a few photos of what wires that need to be spliced and which ones pair up to what - including the secondary wiring harness! (or any other pointers)

Thanks in advance!
Per Foobar