• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fiberglass Repair Tampa Bay

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I had some issues with glass cracking on the bottom of the hull. Pictures don't really show how bad it had gotten. I decided to reach out to a mobile repair guy. He came out, quoted me $790 and we scheduled a time. On the day off, he inspected the boat and noticed the other side was starting to get the same damage. Said he probably wouldn't get to it today but would do temp repair. Came back out a few hours later and everything was damn near finished with complete repairs to both sides. He paint matched on site and it looks really good IMO. The rest of the boat needs a detail but the repair looks great on both sides. He ended up only charging me $500 with the extra side repaired. Best experience I've had with a service in a long time. Text book under promise and over deliver. If you need repair in the Tampa Bay Area, I highly recommend reaching out to Roy.

tempImagezIP5aK.pngtempImageZVDNAV.png

Do you know if it was from an impact or something else?

Do you know if it was from an impact or something else?

No impact I am aware of. He said it is pretty common on the Yamaha boats as the glass is very thin. With it happening on both sides in exact spot, I’d think it’s a defect.

He did very nice work.

That is scary on a 2-year old boat. Do you dock or trailer the boat? Was wondering if the hull started bubbling like a few guys have posted that were docking their boats and what happened to you is a result of that happening over time.

He did very nice work.

That is scary on a 2-year old boat. Do you dock or trailer the boat? Was wondering if the hull started bubbling like a few guys have posted that were docking their boats and what happened to you is a result of that happening over time.

I trailer. I never noticed any bubbles like I have seen some on some other boats. I have a few gel coat cracks exterior and interior as well. Yamaha denied warranty. I will note the boat is coming up on 300 hours (not that it should happen at all)

Back