• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Final boating trip of 2021. Old Sacramento (pic heavy)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I Just finished putting away the boat after a weekend in Old Sacramento. This isn’t a detailed write up as I’ve already done a few of those. I’m just going to highlight a few things(good and bad).

1. the old Sacramento guest docks have been closed to overnight mooring since this august because of several violent incidents which occurred there including a shooting. $1.50 per foot per night.
2. thankfully the west Sacramento public dock (across the river from the old town was open for overnight mooring ($25 per night). Unless you don’t pay before they give you a ticket I which case the total fee is $125.
3. lots of boaters moored on the old sac dock on Saturday night (free). They were willing to chance it but I wasn’t.

4. the embassy suites hotel on the water was fully booked even at $400+ per night so we stayed at the holiday inn instead. It was a 10 minute walk to the water but it was a much better hotel in terms of location. That is next to old Sacramento as well as down town commons or DOCO which is where we ate dinner and bar hopped. It’s also close to golden one center where the Sacramento kings play and concerts are held. It can’t be more than a few blocks away from the Capitol buildings as well. Finally, The holiday inn also has an out door pool on the second floor which is open 24/7. We will be back, especially at $150 per night unless the rates at the embassy suites come back down to earth.

5. there are a lot more homeless encampments and homeless people walking the streets now then there were over the last three years we boated here for a night or weekend. While on our morning walk/rental bike ride we came across a woman yelling at two officers from across the street. They didn’t start walking towards her until we passed by.

6. all the rental companies have moved primarily to scooters and away from bikes.

7. this is the first time we had friends (a couple of couples) not just family join us on the trip. I’m glad we invited them, it was nice to see them enjoying their first long trip on the boat and watching them discover the sights on the river as well as experience old Sacramento for the first time. They guys were really into the architecture of old sac and made me appreciate more than ever before.

8. on the way back we passed a beached boat whose occupants I thought were waving at us. One of my guests said they were waving us over and on investigation they were stuck on the beach. We were able to help them get their boat off the beach in less than 5 minutes. Glad we could help.

9. we are already thinking about out next group trip to old sac but will probably stay two nights instead of one next time.

10. Gas on the water was expensive but not as much as I thought it would be or as much as I was willing to pay. The boat performed flawlessly the entire trip.

CA0A1BA3-7E6D-4DF5-AAC0-E2BEB53D0974.jpegB60905EC-7781-4C4D-A28A-D2DA16D83DA9.jpeg0384FDE1-59B3-4FD1-8957-9EB3CF7321DF.jpeg60AA2BD1-8BFD-4B6A-B519-CDE0BC4BE8F6.jpeg28F37405-05AC-40ED-BB39-68018743E220.jpeg0E9E16D6-5065-4BE9-AE52-4DCE62DFEA4C.jpeg213F71A8-725A-4806-91DC-8070929FD4DE.jpeg693C4052-B782-4DC7-A7ED-32F787295A30.jpeg2BF87177-03E0-4CE3-9AD7-35B37F9C67E1.jpegD32CADCA-25FD-4549-BC93-98BF6E3B0B3B.pngC09ADBCC-F515-45B1-8249-F4D37A952923.png391A0CB0-B0EA-4C41-9B71-FAB772A0B28C.pngBB3C0602-447E-48B4-840A-FB07FE70F270.jpeg06E79F0E-84B3-4488-96CC-038DD05A410D.png8F46D42C-14EA-4C40-93BD-02ECC2D1E968.jpeg

Last edited:
I have never taken that ride and now we moved outta Martinez (to Minneapolis area) I probably never will ☹️… looks like you guys had a bunch of fun!

@Hadowajp , Sorry to hear that you have never made the trip to old Sacramento but now that you are in the lane of a thousand lakes I’m sure you will have more and better opportunities to take such trips. Although I don’t think any state can complete with Florida or Georgia when it comes to boating destinations and great boating weather.

Update: I just saw this on you tube and better understand now why the city closed the guest dock to overnight mooring soon after the incident occurred last august. For context, the guest dock is on the other side of the building where the incident took place. Bummer since it didn’t happen on the dock just next to it, apparently no boaters were involved.

Gosh at Joe’s Crab Shack? Lucky there wasn’t many more people hit.

I live right at the confluence of the st croix and the Mississippi so we can make it all the way to New Orleans without getting in the truck or on a plane.

Here is link to the follow up story about the arrest of two suspects the next day. Looks like they arrested them on the guest dock.

Thanks for sharing Ronnie. Did you launch at B&W Resort? That’s what it looks like on your map. My step-sister says that’s mostly 5 mph.
Yes/No? I love Old Sac. Especially the old candy store.

Thanks for sharing Ronnie. Did you launch at B&W Resort? That’s what it looks like on your map. My step-sister says that’s mostly 5 mph.
Yes/No? I love Old Sac. Especially the old candy store.
We launched out of vierra’s just before isleton. The parking lot was surprisingly packed but one of my guests called ahead and was able to sweet talk the manager on duty to holding two spots for us, one for my suv and trailer and another for his car.

I’d say there roughly 10 no Wake zones between vierra’s and old Sacramento but some of them are or at least seem longer than others. We could have done both legs of the trip faster but we weren’t in a rush, especially since it was our first such trip for our guests.

the stats for the return trip our wrong in that I didn’t stop tracking when we got back to the ramp. I forgot until we were leaving or just left an hour or so after we got the boat back onto its trailer.

Thanks for sharing. Did you experience any problems with weeds? They are pretty bad down here in Discovery Bay. Looks like it was a fun trip.

Thanks for sharing. Did you experience any problems with weeds? They are pretty bad down here in Discovery Bay. Looks like it was a fun trip.
No problems with weeds/hyacinth. Stay in the middle of the channel and it should not be a problem.

Back