• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally I got 2007 Yamaha SX230 HO - Long Island, NY

Krzysiek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My name is Chris. We got it 2 weeks ago. Whole family can't wait for spring.....
I need to change/fix bow and swim platform seats, change stereo, install thrust vectors.....

20151024_143926_resized.jpg

Last edited:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! You have come to the right place.

And you will love your Yamaha.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, is this your first boat / jet boat?

change your oil and if you change your plugs be careful about removing #3, it has a history of being seized and can easily be broken when trying to remove it,

make sure your bilge pump works and think about upgrading your scupper, it's worth the piece of mind,

check out the FAQ for lots of great tips,

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome!!!

Krzysiek

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. The dealer changed all spark plugs. Stainless steel scupper in on my list too. It is my first jet boat. I had a i/o project boat that I never used. So yamaha is my first boat.

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard, I got the exact same boat this spring. Loving it! Made some newbie mistakes, sucked up a tow rope, forgot to latch the access to the clean out ports, etc. but nothing too dramatic. This board is an awesome resource, most of your questions have already been answered, but if you come across something new some one here will have an answer.

Andy

cabbie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Welcome to the group.

I bought a discounted Empire Pass and can launch at Captree State Park for no additional charge. I love this ramp because of it's location next to Fire Island and Jones Beach. Additionally, it is equiped with a washdown area that can handle four boat at a time - at least you can flush your engines quickly. When launching take the time to inspect the transom of the boat: Trailer straps off, drain plugs in, clean out port plugs latched solidly. I also loosen the trailer winch strap a couple of inches then relatch the winch to allow the boat to float above the trailer when launching. Good luck.

Cabbie

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats and Welcome Aboard.

An upholstery shop can replace the vinyl on the worn seats. Http://JetBoatPilot.com has the original vinyl material if you need it.

I see that you have the Bimini top up, please put it down before towing the boat.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Welcome...Your about to have alot of fun!!!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Krzysiek and congrats on the new boat. Looks great.