• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fire extinguisher mount and snap down carpet cooler in or out on hot days

Simon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey y’all looking to see where y’all mounted your fire extinguishers in a Ar240 and snap down flooring gets hot as hell is the actual fiberglass cooler on hot days. I have a 2019 AR240 love the boat but am new to jet boats. Came from a 246 JC tritoon with a 200 Honda outboard.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Get SeaDek in the fall during the group buy and you'll love it!

iamcalled

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey y’all looking to see where y’all mounted your fire extinguishers in a Ar240 and snap down flooring gets hot as hell is the actual fiberglass cooler on hot days. I have a 2019 AR240 love the boat but am new to jet boats. Came from a 246 JC tritoon with a 200 Honda outboard.
where you located?

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
x2 on the SeaDek...it's worth every penny.

I also mounted my extinguishers in the battery compartment and under the starboard seats behind the captains chair.

As for that little blue cooler on wheels that came with the boat, I removed it and it's never seen the boat again. My problem with that thing is that in order to get it out of the starboard compartment, I had to remove the seat cushion. As an alternative we use a dedicated AO Cooler for Drinks that slides under the copilot seat and then additional coolers in the closet for food. We add 1-3 depending on the day and the time we will be out.

Simon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks man. I think I will do the same on my boat. The battery comp is port side of my AR. The cooler I replaced with and igloo ultra marine 24 for the kids and we use our cobia that works awesome.