• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First time boat buyer - need advice: Yamaha 252S or 252XE?

Scoutdog44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I found a 252XE available now but really want a 252S but it will not be available until late June. Also, I’m not real sure I need the wakeboard features (XE) but I like the fact that it is in stock now. Are there any negatives going with the XE over the S?

DonnyC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Only that you lose the fresh water shower and the swim-up seating option. But you get the surf/wakeboard features and additional speakers. So really depends on your use case. My fam loves to surf so it'd be an easy decision for us!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You also lose storage.

JoeSr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Definitely storage loss. Ask yourself what % of time will be using for wakeboarding, if it is minimal just cruising then the S, you will really glad to have the extra storage, especially with family and friend on board, keeps the boat clutter down.