• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First time Boat owner Looking at FSH210

Karthorn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello,

I know my profile says i have one but i don't yet.

I've wanted a boat since i was a weeee little version of me. Looking to take it out to sea, and just checking in on best practices ect.

I've been calling around to local dealers and of course one whom doesn't carry the yamaha jetboats gave me some spin about how jet boats the moment they hit salt water lose a lot of value. (Their dealership also does sell jetboats just not yamaha).

I'm likeing how versitle the boat seams to be. Me personally, i only care for fishing, and have wanted to be able to go out 3-10 miles offshore. Over the last few years fishing a mile out on a kayak is fun and all but also exhausting.

Anyway, my questions for current owners are -
What do you dislike about the boat?
What do you like about the boat?
Would you suggest this boat to a first time captian?
What kind of surf would you deem the boat can handle? (i'm thinking 2-4? unless of course the times are stupid long like 10... then i don't think my kayak would even rock)

and anything else you'd like to add or suggest. Even if they are not related to the FSH, tips for first time captain would be welcome as well.

Welcome to forums. Great place to get valuable information. May I suggest you change your Profile Name, it appears it is an email address or a good portion of one, which I would assume is comcast.net Since all these pages get indexed quite frequently, it can open you up to spam as well as at the very least your login. Just reach out to Admin's if you decide to do so.

The dealer whom gave you the info about jet boats is giving you a spin. Actually over the last two years boats, and especially Yamaha Jet boats have increased in value from purchase price or stayed pretty level. The demand for Yamaha Jetboats is their simplicity, design, safety(no props), swim platform and versatility. With the market and supply as it is right now, they get sold very quickly and depending on where you are there are waiting list. Used ones hit the market all the time but if priced in the zone they move quickly as well. Finding any Yamaha boats in inventory can be challenging. anywhere.

I am sure a lot of the FSH owners here will chime in with their thoughts and expereinces.

Yes i would like to aparently i can't do it myself i see.

And yes I knew it was a sales pitch garbage lie. I used to work in sales as well and never took that approach.

Thanks

How would i reach out to admin exactly

I have a FSH210, and have had other jet boats and outboard motor boats prior to owning this one. Here is my take...

- Boat pretty much does everything I ask of it right out of the box... Want to tow kids around on a raft, check. Want to go hang out on the sandbar (or go in shallow water), check. Want to go 20ish miles offshore in 3-4 ft. seas, check (I wouldn't take it out in seas bigger than that once... tried 5 ft'ers one day and ended up turning around).
- layout is awesome, and space and storage is plentiful. The front area seating combined with the swim platform makes the boat feel considerable larger than it really is. This is my first center console boat and honestly I don't think I will ever go back to a bow rider/dual console type boat. the overall layout is awesome. have had 10 people on the boat multiple times (normally 6 adults and 4 kids) and it doesn't feel too cramped.
- twin engines are nice and give the boat plenty of drive from a stop (top speed isn't the greatest, but only time I get to go full speed is when it's just me in the boat). The handling with the twin engines, in my opinion is far superior to a single engine jet, and I am used to how it handles now, but an outboard is definitely easier if inexperienced.
- if you like tinkering, everything on the boat is easily accessible.
- Honestly, I'm in love with this boat and catch myself just going outside to look at it for no reason other than to dream about being out on the water in it.

Dislikes (I'm being extremely picky here because I honestly don't have a bad thing to say about the boat but I am trying to give an honest review):
- Boat does everything good, but not one thing great... if you are only going offshore fishing, get a dedicated boat, wake surfing, get a different boat, etc... it's a jack of all trades, a master of none. that being said, with a few modifications/upgrades it can be a formidable foe to many purpose built boats.
- the rear seating is really my only complaint/pet peeve. The side rear seats are just removable cushions and it would be better if they were built into the boat. The FSH190's have "jump seats" built into the boat that flip up to provide seating and flip down to provide a place to walk/stand. I wish they would have carried this feature into the 21 ft models.
- no trim capability... in waves to get the nose up you have to control the speed and get to a point that creates bow rise and keeps you off a plane. Only really an issue when the swell period is small (I have yet to take water over the bow).
- Speed is really sensitive to weight, and where in the boat the weight is located... a bunch of people in the bow will really slow you down (if you are going for top speed) and moving them to the back with provide a noticeable difference.
- when towing tubers you need a longer rope to avoid jet spray getting in the tubers eyes.

For a first time captain:
- yes, you will learn how the boat handles, with how much speed you can approach the docks with, how it handles in wind/current, etc...you just have to practice and get used to it. Is there a larger learning curve than with an outboard, yes.
- as i mentioned above though... the dual engines and dual throttle control allows you added maneuverability and compared to my SX195 that I had before this boat, the twin engines definitely give you a handling advantage over single engine jets.

Surf it can handle:
- I have had the boat out in 3-4 ft seas on a couple of occasions. 2-3 is really ideal, and anything smaller than that and you just got lucky. I went out in 4-5 ft seas once and that was enough for me to feel comfortable with and I ended up turning around. the swell period was really short as well though, so I'm sure that contributed to it as well... the longer the swell period the easier it is to be out in larger swell.

In summary, I absolutely love the boat! it's for all the reasons I listed above that these boats (as some above mentioned) don't stay on the market long, and everyone I know that has one loves them as well... like I said, they aren't purpose built for any one thing, but they are good at doing it all.

I'm likeing how versitle the boat seams to be. Me personally, i only care for fishing, and have wanted to be able to go out 3-10 miles offshore. Over the last few years fishing a mile out on a kayak is fun and all but also exhausting.
:Welcome:
If your main goal is off-shore fishing, I suggest you look at boats built for that. Look at 25' or larger center consoles with outboards. You need some size to be stable out there, and the outboards are the easiest to flush and tilt up out of the saltwater. If you're going off-shore you want dual engines for safety.
Nothing major...just the small annoyances like leaky rear access panel, etc. that all boats have. For us, the boat is ideal which is why we bought it.
The list is very long, but favourites are the swim platform for sitting, swimming, and easy boat access at the dock. No outdrives or props in the way. Easy maintenance. Great handling and performance - once you learn how a jet handles, docking is easier with these boats than prop boats. Wake tower for bimini is rock solid. Sweeping lines that always get compliments (that's a Yamaha??).
Sure...you have to learn somehow. If possible, go out in a smaller aluminum boat with friends if you can to learn. If no options for that, then I recommend you go out with family or trusted friends the first few times until you learn how to launch/retrieve, dock, tie off lines, etc. And a boating safety course will teach you the basics needed for safety and navigation.

Lastly, these forums have lots of answers for all of the above...start reading!
:winkingthumbsup"

I have a FSH210, and have had other jet boats and outboard motor boats prior to owning this one. Here is my take...

- Boat pretty much does everything I ask of it right out of the box... Want to tow kids around on a raft, check. Want to go hang out on the sandbar (or go in shallow water), check. Want to go 20ish miles offshore in 3-4 ft. seas, check (I wouldn't take it out in seas bigger than that once... tried 5 ft'ers one day and ended up turning around).
- layout is awesome, and space and storage is plentiful. The front area seating combined with the swim platform makes the boat feel considerable larger than it really is. This is my first center console boat and honestly I don't think I will ever go back to a bow rider/dual console type boat. the overall layout is awesome. have had 10 people on the boat multiple times (normally 6 adults and 4 kids) and it doesn't feel too cramped.
- twin engines are nice and give the boat plenty of drive from a stop (top speed isn't the greatest, but only time I get to go full speed is when it's just me in the boat). The handling with the twin engines, in my opinion is far superior to a single engine jet, and I am used to how it handles now, but an outboard is definitely easier if inexperienced.
- if you like tinkering, everything on the boat is easily accessible.
- Honestly, I'm in love with this boat and catch myself just going outside to look at it for no reason other than to dream about being out on the water in it.

Dislikes (I'm being extremely picky here because I honestly don't have a bad thing to say about the boat but I am trying to give an honest review):
- Boat does everything good, but not one thing great... if you are only going offshore fishing, get a dedicated boat, wake surfing, get a different boat, etc... it's a jack of all trades, a master of none. that being said, with a few modifications/upgrades it can be a formidable foe to many purpose built boats.
- the rear seating is really my only complaint/pet peeve. The side rear seats are just removable cushions and it would be better if they were built into the boat. The FSH190's have "jump seats" built into the boat that flip up to provide seating and flip down to provide a place to walk/stand. I wish they would have carried this feature into the 21 ft models.
- no trim capability... in waves to get the nose up you have to control the speed and get to a point that creates bow rise and keeps you off a plane. Only really an issue when the swell period is small (I have yet to take water over the bow).
- Speed is really sensitive to weight, and where in the boat the weight is located... a bunch of people in the bow will really slow you down (if you are going for top speed) and moving them to the back with provide a noticeable difference.
- when towing tubers you need a longer rope to avoid jet spray getting in the tubers eyes.

For a first time captain:
- yes, you will learn how the boat handles, with how much speed you can approach the docks with, how it handles in wind/current, etc...you just have to practice and get used to it. Is there a larger learning curve than with an outboard, yes.
- as i mentioned above though... the dual engines and dual throttle control allows you added maneuverability and compared to my SX195 that I had before this boat, the twin engines definitely give you a handling advantage over single engine jets.

Surf it can handle:
- I have had the boat out in 3-4 ft seas on a couple of occasions. 2-3 is really ideal, and anything smaller than that and you just got lucky. I went out in 4-5 ft seas once and that was enough for me to feel comfortable with and I ended up turning around. the swell period was really short as well though, so I'm sure that contributed to it as well... the longer the swell period the easier it is to be out in larger swell.

In summary, I absolutely love the boat! it's for all the reasons I listed above that these boats (as some above mentioned) don't stay on the market long, and everyone I know that has one loves them as well... like I said, they aren't purpose built for any one thing, but they are good at doing it all.

Thanks, And yes I want to go offshore ect and fish. I'm cool with bay fishing and crabbing ect as well. Heck i do it on the yak now :P But the soon to be wife would be down for just crusin, watersports ect. And if young ones come then yeah the versatility of it is what i'd be after.

Thanks a lot for this reply

Great video of a 210 FSH in some 6-7 Footers. At least watch until the reentry Yikes! Props for posting the good, bad and the ugly; and the good sense of humor.

Great video of a 210 FSH in some 6-7 Footers. At least watch until the reentry Yikes! Props for posting the good, bad and the ugly; and the good sense of humor.

Yeah i first was searching youtube for anything i had seen this already. Was another search when i found this forum to get more info.

am i crazy for thinking that it handled it fine. Sure the inlet is a bit crazy getting out on and defiantly the most dangerous part for sure. But once out it seems like a decent day out there. Untill he doesn't pay attention to the inlet opening and goes down the beach. Even then hell the boat delt with it ok.... but yeah def not wanting to do some crazy stuff like that.

I'm already used to being like nah not today with the kayak just thinking about bay fishing that's with any wind over 15 lol

Yeah i first was searching youtube for anything i had seen this already. Was another search when i found this forum to get more info.

am i crazy for thinking that it handled it fine. Sure the inlet is a bit crazy getting out on and defiantly the most dangerous part for sure. But once out it seems like a decent day out there. Untill he doesn't pay attention to the inlet opening and goes down the beach. Even then hell the boat delt with it ok.... but yeah def not wanting to do some crazy stuff like that.

I'm already used to being like nah not today with the kayak just thinking about bay fishing that's with any wind over 15 lol

I would agree but, decent period between waves and not much chop; also didn't seem like a cross wind. I've had wetter experiences with lower but choppier seas inland with cross tidal currents, cross winds etc. I’m excluding the time spent in the surf from that thought however, that was just crazy no matter how you look at it.

Love my 210 FSH. Fishing one day river, bay and gulf. Next day guests for a lunch cruise. If you add a trolling motor, get a removable mount for the non-fishing days!

Hello,

I know my profile says i have one but i don't yet.

I've wanted a boat since i was a weeee little version of me. Looking to take it out to sea, and just checking in on best practices ect.

I've been calling around to local dealers and of course one whom doesn't carry the yamaha jetboats gave me some spin about how jet boats the moment they hit salt water lose a lot of value. (Their dealership also does sell jetboats just not yamaha).

Anyway, my questions for current owners are -
What kind of surf would you deem the boat can handle? (i'm thinking 2-4? unless of course the times are stupid long like 10... then i don't think my kayak would even rock)

and anything else you'd like to add or suggest. Even if they are not related to the FSH, tips for first time captain would be welcome as well.
I just bought a 210 FSH and love the boat. Mine was a deluxe model, but I added a custom made T Top from Waypoint Customs in Corpus Christi Texas and they did a beautiful job. Took the boat out in St Charles bay into the intracoastal waterway this weekend , then to Mesquite bay to Cedar Bayou canal. Used Hummingbird 9 helix with Navionics SD card to navigate the shallow water. Caught red fish at Cedar Bayou. Boat handled the shallow water at 2-3 ft.

Back