• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Time Out - Connext Comm Error

Kawak11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Hit the lake today for the break in. Turned the key on and had all Comm failure errors. Shut the key off and turned both batteries to off.

Turned batteries and key on, all good, blower running. Did the count down and started both engines. Left the dock no wake for about 10mins and the error codes started again.

Motors ran great, no issues but had alarms off and on for about an hour. Whatever was on the screen stayed until it connected.

212SE with 12 inch connext. Codes were

Transducer comm failure
GPS comm failure
Stereo remote comm failure
BCU comm failure
Joystick comm failure
Port/Starboard comm failure

I’m thinking a loose connection. Anyone experience the same.

Thanks,
Ben

Hit the lake today for the break in. Turned the key on and had all Comm failure errors. Shut the key off and turned both batteries to off.

Turned batteries and key on, all good, blower running. Did the count down and started both engines. Left the dock no wake for about 10mins and the error codes started again.

Motors ran great, no issues but had alarms off and on for about an hour. Whatever was on the screen stayed until it connected.

212SE with 12 inch connext. Codes were

Transducer comm failure
GPS comm failure
Stereo remote comm failure
BCU comm failure
Joystick comm failure
Port/Starboard comm failure

I’m thinking a loose connection. Anyone experience the same.

Thanks,
Ben
I would definitely check for a loose connection. At the batteries, and behind the dash. Easy access behind the dash. I was in there yesterday wiring my satellite radio receiver. I'm still in the break-in period (4 hrs), no issues. 2021 212SE

Sometimes you get errors like this because the batteries are a little low. Can you check the voltage With a multimeter?

Sometimes you get errors like this because the batteries are a little low. Can you check the voltage With a multimeter?
I noticed the dash voltage is always lower than the actual at the batteries. Hopefully they will issue a software update for that. I didn't have error messages, but red warnings about low voltage.

I had communication error codes pop up a few times until I figured it out myself. (Dealer is about 100 miles away).
Mine was 2 fuses that were loose in the fuse box (near the batteries). Im Pretty sure it will be low voltage or a break in voltage that will be the cause of these communication codes.
To check, move wires until you either cause the code (beep), or stop it. Then track it down. I noticed that when I caused a good connection the code and beep would cease. Tracked it to the fuse box so I then opened the cover and ran my fingers over the fuses and noticed that 2 of them moved more than the others. Bingo, the female sockets were stretched open not holding the fuse tight. I couldn’t see any way to removed the sockets from the back to squeeze them tighter so I slightly rolled the fuse blades so they would fit tight. Never had another code since.
Almost certain that you have a loose connection somewhere and it has to be found. Could be the same as mine.

I’ll check it with a multimeter. When working, volts were good and slightly higher while running over no wake. Thanks!

I had communication error codes pop up a few times until I figured it out myself. (Dealer is about 100 miles away).
Mine was 2 fuses that were loose in the fuse box (near the batteries). Im Pretty sure it will be low voltage or a break in voltage that will be the cause of these communication codes.
To check, move wires until you either cause the code (beep), or stop it. Then track it down. I noticed that when I caused a good connection the code and beep would cease. Tracked it to the fuse box so I then opened the cover and ran my fingers over the fuses and noticed that 2 of them moved more than the others. Bingo, the female sockets were stretched open not holding the fuse tight. I couldn’t see any way to removed the sockets from the back to squeeze them tighter so I slightly rolled the fuse blades so they would fit tight. Never had another code since.
Almost certain that you have a loose connection somewhere and it has to be found. Could be the same as mine.

Thank You! I’m thinking loose connection also. I will check the fuse box.

Ben, That sucks sorry to hear that, call Park they might have some insight. What ever the issue i bet it's a simple fix.

Ben, That sucks sorry to hear that, call Park they might have some insight. What ever the issue i bet it's a simple fix.

Thanks Sean

Spoke to Park this morning. They said to check the wiring harness in the storage compartment behind the drivers seat. Said they had customers pull wires out putting things inside. We will see.

Thanks Sean

Spoke to Park this morning. They said to check the wiring harness in the storage compartment behind the drivers seat. Said they had customers pull wires out putting things inside. We will see.
I unhooked the BCU there when installing ridesteady and forgot. I had all those same warnings. So it's definitely possible unhooking and plugging it back in will clear things up.

I unhooked the BCU there when installing ridesteady and forgot. I had all those same warnings. So it's definitely possible unhooking and plugging it back in will clear things up.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll be checking today.

Update - I checked the rear starboard compartment, no boxes. Seems as all the wires run through into the engine compartment. I pushed on every plug. Nothing loose or disconnected.

Checked battery connection, all good.

Checked under the helm and removed the table top that was bungeed, backing into the wires to the connext.

Turned batteries and key on, blower kicked on. Did the count down and started both motors. No issues. Took the boat and ran it, no issues. Hate to think it was the table knocking into the wires.

Thanks for everyone's input.

There is a small fuse box next to the batteries, and a main one in the engine compartment on the rear wall. Bitch to get the cover off.

I’m have the same exact issue in my 2021 212SE.

Back