• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

fishing line question for anglers out there ...? thanks

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ok so i purchased power pro braid line 100lb and 150 spectra microfilament braid ...i decided to test each with a 90lb dumbell by tying one end to top of kids swingset and loop around head of dumbell i SLOWLY did no toss or throw , got tension and released .. both immediately snapped not at the nots mind you ... so what is going on here false advertisment or am i missing something ... thanks

I use PowerPro 50lb for catfish. And with a braided line, this test weight is wet line. I didn't know that was a thing, but supposedly braided, unlike mono is stronger wet. I never knew that.

Give that a shot, as I really want to know if that is true. BTW, what are fishing for with 100/150lb line? Us MN boys are usually closer to 6-10lb for walleyes.

I use PowerPro 50lb for catfish. And with a braided line, this test weight is wet line. I didn't know that was a thing, but supposedly braided, unlike mono is stronger wet. I never knew that.

Give that a shot, as I really want to know if that is true. BTW, what are fishing for with 100/150lb line? Us MN boys are usually closer to 6-10lb for walleyes.

That's a strange way to spec a line as the line in the reel will always be dry?

That's a strange way to spec a line as the line in the reel will always be dry?
And the line on the reel, like a winch will not have as much stress on it rolled up like the line in the water will.
Hey I’m just quoting what I found online. I’m sure it’s wrong.

Yeah, I'm curious as to what your fishing for and if your going to be using your SX240 while using this line.

Where did the line break? Close to the reel, at the swing set, at the weight?

Yeah, I'm curious as to what your fishing for and if your going to be using your SX240 while using this line.

Where did the line break? Close to the reel, at the swing set, at the weight?

I had modified the test a bit .. the way i did it this time was a 5 gallon bucket on a floor jack palomar knot to anchor swivel to swingset and bucket then placed a new 55lb dumbell in bucket slowly released floor jack until bucket was hanging ... results .............. #100 braid snapped in 4 seconds , #150 did not snap ... in fact i added gravel slowly to the bucket and it did not snap .... i retried this method with the 90lb dumbell both snapped immediately !! ... so go figure

Line should be tested wet.

Back