• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fixed my missing ladder strap.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A few weeks ago our ladder strap disappeared after five years of service. Last time this happened I ordered two then gave one to a friend who had lost his.

This time I printed three out of flexible TPU material. So far I like it better than the factory part. Will have to see how long it lasts.

6D7035F7-9EA5-417A-9331-B1C0CFD080AF.jpegB2EDDCEE-D344-47B2-8EAA-CFD192E26F27.jpeg

Last edited:
How's this lasting?

It is lasting well. Only complaint is that it tends to remain bent upward at the end which requires additional attention when closing the ladder.

I have been thinking about reprinting from more flexible material.

@Bruce .....I Really like your mod. For my 2020 SX195 Yamaha has genuinely (IMO) tried to address the "hold the ladder in place" issue with a spring loaded approach but you have to have pretty strong hands to use it - I'm ok but the admiral can barely do it and you have to lean quite a bit past the edge of swim platform to get leverage. One of these times I'm gonna fall in! I sense a mod a la Bruce coming-up! :cool:

Last edited:
Well....my ladder strap finally gave up the ghost this past weekend. With how cracked it was I knew it was inevitable.

@Bruce Any chance you are willing to share your design? If so do you still have an STL file for it?

Thanks

Tom

Seems like a lot of work for a $10 same day delivery item. I get the tinkering aspect.

Correction @scokill
$8.61. I just replaced mine.
But yeah, I agree with you about making my own. Their is intrinsic value in that.

Nice!!!

I printed a holder for a bungee cord and use the cord to lock the ladder. My printer has a LONG bowden tube, so not tried tpu yet. Your solution is much sleeker!

Well....my ladder strap finally gave up the ghost this past weekend. With how cracked it was I knew it was inevitable.

@Bruce Any chance you are willing to share your design? If so do you still have an STL file for it?

Thanks

Tom

Tom, I attached the STL. You may end up modifying the length a little depending on how stretchy your TPU is. It certainly would not work in PLA and not for long in PETG.

I do have a couple of spares but if the factory part is in stock it is a cheap option.

Attachments

Back