• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Flag holders and poles!

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi everyone!

Looking to mount two flags (USA and Texas flags) on my 2016 Yamaha 242 Limited S... any recommendations on which holders would fit on my tower?

Thank you in advance and God Bless you All!

I bought a pair of these rod holders, mounted to the tower and used an old wooden broom handle with eye-bolts through it for flags. We also use the holder for flying our orange tow flag while tubing/skiing/wakebaording and have yet to lose a flag.

Are they going to fit in my tower?
I bought a pair of these rod holders, mounted to the tower and used an old wooden broom handle with eye-bolts through it for flags. We also use the holder for flying our orange tow flag while tubing/skiing/wakebaording and have yet to lose a flag.

These rod holders will go up to 2"
This is what I found for tower dimensions but I would check for yourself on the size.
  • All E-series boats - 2 3/8 front and rear and 1 5/16" Bimini tube.
  • All year 242 LS and 212X - 2 3/8"
  • 2014 and older AR240, AR230, AR210 and AR190 - 1 7/8"
  • 2015 and newer AR240 - 2 3/8" front, 1 7/8" rear

I purchased the Big Air flag holders. $221 for two mounts and two poles, with a discount. I installed per instructions, less than 45 degree angle, and I run smaller 2x3 flags. I lost a pole and a flag at around 5mph after a 25mph run across the lake, the pole slid out of the rubber boot. To add insult to injury, a day later a thumbscrew from the mount fell out at some point, even though when the holders are empty I screw the thumbscrew in all the way.

I wouldn't purchase again. The mounts are super sturdy; the flag pole and boot needs a redesign. Whatever flagpole I end up with I'll just tap the pole so the thumbscrew will actually hold the pole.

I think my main tower tubes are 2-3/8" on my 2022 252SD.

I couldn’t stomach the $90+ for a flag holder, so i made one with parts from Lowe’s. It just a regular flag holder, and I put two stainless pipe clamps on it. And to protect the tower and keep it from slipping, i put some thick weatherstripping on the tube to tighten it on. A small piece of seadek would work too. Hard to see, but you might be able to zoom in. 3A3EF5AB-8AF8-4DCA-AB2C-1EEC618817A9.jpeg

Back